LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are relaunching Social Computing Magazine as Social Computing Journal in the next few days and we need a great logo and matching masthead. We just need these two pieces of artwork in Web and high resolution print form.
This online publication contains thought leadership articles and blogs around cutting edge topics in Web 2.0, Enterprise 2.0, social computing, mashups, lifestreaming, online video, etc. The audience is a mix of IT workers, business professionals, educators, and interested consumers.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need a logo and a matching masthead for the main page. This logo and masthead must exude high gloss and professionalism with a clear sense of style without seeming too trendy. Color scheme should fit into the site's (http://socialcomputingjournal.com) mostly gray color scheme with primary spot colors and highlights but need not be limited by it.
Specific features desired:
- All three words in Social Computing Journal must be spelled out and prominent in the masthead and logo
- A compelling design or logo of some kind somewhere around the name
- Please use "Web 2.0" logo designs for some inspiration. Examples: http://fontfeed.com/archives/the-logos-o...
- Masthead Web graphic must be a total of 306px (wide) 90px (high) exactly
- Need masthead and logo in 96dpi and 600dpi in the formats indicated below
- Optional: Work in the tagline: "The Intersection of the Network and Business"
Successful submissions will be innovative yet visual clear and expressive so that the masthead explicitly brands the site with both a sense of style and clarity of thought. Balancing between professional feel with a next-generation "2.0" style look will be essential as well.
See the old logo in the attached files section to see what it used to look like.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience desired a highly informative place to seek information that also embodies the latest trends that our online journal discusses: social computing, social media, Web 2.0, etc. They use these ideas in business and in their personal lives and want something that expresses a lifestyle of modern, connected technology
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
http://www.zdnet.com/ Clear, bold, good branding
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Boring, traditional motifs and layouts
- Excessive complexity
- Flat, non-expressive, or colorless designs
- Gaudy, flash-for-flash's sake attention grabbers
No Files Added