LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
A long-standing grassroots nonprofit, Keep America Beautiful (KAB) combines education with hands-on stewardship to create cleaner, greener communities and public spaces. Through the power of over 3 million volunteers and more than 1,000 participating organizations, KAB motivates private citizens, businesses, and government to find solutions that prevent litter, reduce waste, promote recycling, and improve communities.
Activities include litter and illegal dumpsite cleanups, waterway cleanups, environmental education programs, community gardens, vacant lot restoration, public art, graffiti prevention and removal, local recycling programs, planting trees, creating/restoring parks and playgrounds, and beautifying public lands. Founded in 1953, KAB is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
We do hard and dirty work - removing litter, planting trees, painting, hauling, recycling...and the result is natural beauty left behind. Let this be your guide.
Please check our website at http://www.kab.org
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We're looking for some help with envisioning a new logo for the organization. Our core activities are:
- litter prevention
- waste reduction & recycling
- beautification (tree planting, community gardens, parks, public spaces)
Our new logo should not be too literal, but rather reflecting our commitment to communities through a NETWORK of like-minded organizations.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our audiences are varied - corporate, consumer, elected officials, kids...
But our primary goal of the redesign is to reinforce our brand among young adults - the "next generation." As such it should have a "cool" and "contemporary" feel.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
See the attached files...
The "star flower" was done in-house and I think gets very close in terms of being strong, contemporary, American, multi-purpose. The feedback "from the field" though was that the flower was maybe too literal. The single star, to some, was "too Texas."
We do like the idea of a "medallion" approach because of its versatility.
On the other hand, the "2008 conference logo" (a previous crowdspring submission) was also well-received. Again, some felt that it was too literal.
We would prefer something that is more horizontal than vertical.
These are offered ONLY as examples... PLEASE bring your own creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to the project!
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
We are considering a logo redesign and are looking for creative inspiration. Some requirements:
1. Logo should convey the concept of a strong and effective network, but simultaneously evoke the concept natural beauty. Mull over that one.
2. Logo should evoke our mission (above) without being another "me too" green-oriented logo. The space is cluttered. We want to stand apart.
3. Logo should be designed in color, but also work as both a 1 color (black) and reverse (white) format.
4. Logo should convey a sense of "American-ness" without going over-the-top on the flag waving or patriotism. No maps of the USA. No American flags, fireworks, or other lame conventions. In fact, it doesn't even have to be red, white and blue.
5. Logo should "work" and be readable/comprehensible at a smaller size, such as a secondary logo on another organization's business card.
6. Logo MUST include our full name "Keep America Beautiful." Optionally, it could also include our URL (kab.org)
No Files Added