Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Logo project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Logo?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
After collaborating with multiple designers, the client picked their favorite design, reviewed proofs, requested and received tweaks, and approved final files. The client received high resolution final design files and a signed intellectual property agreement giving the client full ownership to the design.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
WHAT'S THE PROJECT?
The project is to revamp the logo and branding for the Influential Marketing Blog (http://rohitbhargava.typepad.com), ranked one of the top 50 marketing blogs by AdAge Magazine and written by Rohit Bhargava, an SVP at Ogilvy (large marketing agency) and author of the new marketing book Personality Not Included (www.readpni.com). The blog has been live for about four years, gets an average of over 30,000 unique visitors a month and has over 7000 RSS subscribers. Readers come from around the world and are typically in marketing roles at companies, agencies and small businesses (ie - people who may be in the market to hire creatives like you!)
WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?
This project has three main deliverables that I'm looking for:
1. New logo to use on my blog
2. Logo applied to new header design for blog
3. Font choice to be used across blog for sidebar buttons
WHAT IS THE THEME OF THE BLOG?
My blog focuses finding and talking about marketing that works. Sometimes I highlight great campaigns. Other times I do posts about marketing techniques that can help people to be successful in whatever they are trying to promote. I'm a fan of numbered lists for posts and above all else I try to make all my posts useful and shareable.
WHO AM I?
Rohit is a founding member of the 360 Digital Influence group at Ogilvy and author of the best selling new marketing book Personality Not Included, an entertaining and useful guide to how to use personality to promote your business. He publishes the Influential Marketing blog, ranked among the top 50 marketing blogs in the world, and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, and other global media. He believes in being approachable, helping others do great things and loves being described as a smart marketer but prefers being described as a nice guy.
REQUIREMENTS + DESIGN PARAMETERS FOR LOGO:
The blog currently uses two main colors, a light blue and dark blue (see below for hex values). I would prefer for the designs submitted to use one or both of these colors in some way, but DO NOT need to be limited to only using these. Below are a few other parameters:
Light Blue Hex - #849EB5
Dark Blue Hex - #003063
- The words "Influential Marketing Blog" must be used in the logo design
- Generally, I prefer a logo design accompanied by the words (ie - swoosh along with the word "nike) instead of a logo design solely based on stylized text (ie - google logo)
- In terms of a theme, think about fire and flowing lines. This fits with the idea that the blog looks at marketing the works and that catches on and gets people talking.
- I currently use the acronym "IMB" for the blog and like it, but it doesn't necessarily need to be included in the new design
- Logo and blog name needs to be in a shape that can fit on a sidebar if needed (ie - not too long horizontally). You might want to try a more square shaped approach if you can fit the words together.
- The blog design DOES NOT need to incorporate any designs from the book (ie - no crazy rainbow chicken)
- The current design of the blog (aside from the colors) should also be completely DISREGARDED.
ADDITIONAL PARAMETERS FOR BLOG HEADER:
- Design must be 850px wide or less (see current blog header for width)
- Header must include my full name "Rohit Bhargava"
- Header should include ONE of my headshots (your choice)
WHY IS IT "HIGH VISIBILITY"?
For the winning creative design, I'm planning on doing two things:
1. Blog post about the entire process and why I chose your design (including an interview with you on how you came up with it for my readers - if you're up for it).
2. Link on my blog giving you credit for your design and linking to your portfolio for as long as I continue to use your design.
As I mentioned earlier in my description, the people who read my blog are marketers, small business people, and entrepreneurs. In short, they are people highly likely to need creative services and perhaps even post their own projects in the future.
Since this is a project for my personal blog and not a company effort, I don't have a big budget. Instead, I'm hoping that the fact that I'll help promote you and your designs makes this a worthwhile project to work on. I'm flexible, so let me know if there is something more I can do for you (aside from more $$) and I'll consider it.
OTHER LINKS TO CHECK OUT:
My Book (including a video introduction) - www.readpni.com
Exclusive Book excerpt - www.personalitynotincluded.com/excerpt
A NOTE ABOUT PERSONALITY
As you probably noticed, I wrote a book all about why brands need to have a personality. To me, that means that I'm looking for a creative concept for the logo for my blog that is unique. I realize this can mean many things to many people, and I plan to be very active in providing comments on designs or answering any questions you have to help guide your efforts.
No Files Added