LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
The momentum of the green movement has brought green values and aspirations to almost every company, product, industry, and services that exist. This momentum has also entered the construction industry, and the idea of green buildings has been gaining influence.
However, even when all the necessary motivation exists, it is still complex and costly to implement green construction principles. Especially in the design and construction phase, building green is difficult, and only about 6% of new developments are built according to green standards (US and UK figures). This is where Sefaira comes in. Sefaira is all about making green building something that isnt more complex or more costly than conventional building.
Based on leading environmental research, Sefaira will offer Internet based software and services to the construction industry. Sefaira will enable architects, and all the collaborators/partners in the construction process, to design, develop and build green buildings as easily and cost-efficiently as they would do conventional buildings.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need a logo that will appear on every correspondence that leaves the company whether digital or paper. Including our website, presentations, electronic documents, stationary, and business cards.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience spans across the building industry from Architects, Construction Engineer, Building Developers, and Contractors whether in the public or the commercial housing development.
The benefits of green building to our target audiences clients, and therefore to them, are clear (including tax cuts and efficient energy use).
However there are factors that keep them for implementing green building:
- Understanding and knowing how to calculate exactly how to make a building green.
- Sourcing materials finding the materials with the right green properties
- Collaborating with many people the construction process involves many different practitioners within the industry. Thus, information flow management between the different partners is crucial yet complex. The green factor only increases this complexity.
- Certifying green buildings a complex process requiring significant amounts of data along with vast amounts of paper work.
Due to these reasons, conventional buildings still dominate the industry. Sefairas goal is to remove and minimize the barriers, making green building an option that is equally attractive, if not more attractive, than conventional buildings.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
The name Sefaira is inspired by the Greek word sfera or sphere. Weve chosen this name because our mission is global in nature, and because we take a holistic approach to solving the problems faced by our customers.
Although spheres often are represented by a 3D grid of a globe, we prefer a look that is simple, clean and elegant. Think modern, yet timeless. In terms of colours, less is more. We like dark blue and dark green (and black, although technically not a colour).
Weve chosen a few we like (although it may be that we like them as much for the legacy they signify... but at least they may inspire).
- McKinsey clean, timeless, elegant
- Evian (we like the letters, but less so the clutter around them)
- SonyEricsson, elegant in a modern kind of way
- Star Alliance
Things we dont like or don't need for this project or other things to avoid using, doing, seeing, etc.
Although praised by some, here are some logos that we like less
- Dell the E looks messy and unaesthetic
- Lenovo looks stuck in time
- HSBCs widget feels like a messy bunch of triangles
- Starbucks messy and confusing
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
We are still developing our strap line (our own 'Just do it...') so it would be nice to see where the tag line would fit with the logo.
Given the connection to sphere, it makes sense to incorporate a circle somehow even if it is a semicircle or parts of a circle.
No Files Added