LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
I'm an aspiring fine art photographer readying a launch of marketing materaials, e-commerce storefront, and fine-art print sales. I'm looking to have a logo created for my photography website - Matthew Sallee Photography - http://iammatt.net.
The relaunch will occur on http://iammatt.net/index2.php.
I've created a few myself, but nothing I'm terribly fond of.
I'm looking for professional help.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
I'd like a simple logo that has a modern, high art / high design look and feel. It will be used on the site header, and on each image. It should fit with a similarly modern/artsy 'matthew sallee photography' type. I'm a big fan of the 'logo trends of 2008' found on a google search. I'd prefer a logo that's similar to these in look and feel - just with a photography/fine art twist.
I'm open to different type faces for the site, it just needs to work well with the logo.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
I sell two things. 1) art / prints 2) photography.
The logo should communicate this to the audience:
- They will be walk-up e-commerece purchasers, fine art gallery owners and art buyers at publishing houses.
- They will have an eye for design, beauty and astetics.
- They will want to see something professional and polished.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Google '2008 Logo Design Trends'
Possible communicatable imagery (in no particular order)
lens blade idea, round camera lens idea, square/rectangle print image idea, fine art idea
Design Foundations (in no particular order):
Negative Space, Rule of thirds, round, square, radial leaf, integration with typeface.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Red, Black, White
- Look good on black.
- Include a white-background variant.
- integrate words 'Matthew Sallee Photography' in some fashion in a modern, elegant typeface
- Be simple
- High Art / High Design Focus
- Overpower the photography or art itself.
- Be too inctricate to scale, as it will be used on website header, on online images as a smaller watermark, and on other marketing and promotional material.
- Be overdone
- Be dull, mundane or unbalanced.
No Files Added