LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are organizing the first-ever Startup Lessons Learned conference, a one-day conference taking place in San Francisco in late April. The conference will allow attendees to hear from Eric Ries and other entrepreneurs who have applied the "Lean Startup" methodology--rapidly testing, learning and improving a product in order to build a big business fast and at low cost.
Speakers will include leading venture capitalists and executives from technology companies large and small. Our past conferences have attracted over 500 people and have been covered by TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Mashable, WSJ, MSNBC, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, CNet and more.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
1. A logo that works with our general site template. (See links below.)
2. A logo that will work on the website, on printed banners, and on T-shirts.
3. A logo that is fun and innovative, yet "polished" and "professional."
4. This is a tough concept to depict in an illustration, so we're open to interesting type-only logos as well.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience is entrepreneurs, investors, executives and other industry professionals. Our attendees are people building (mostly technology) businesses. So while we would enjoy a playful design that communicates a sense of fun, it needs to still feel have a polished" and "professional." That said, we dont want a boring old logo that youd design for a law firm.
WE LIKE THESE EXAMPLES:
Our other conferences have have artwork that complements the logo nicely. For instance:
1. http://www.freemiumsummit.com This is another of our events, with a logo commissioned on CrowdSpring!
2. http://www.socialgamingsummit.com. This is last years site, with a logo we commissioned on CrowdSpring!
3. http://www.igsummit.com. The overall site design is very similar. See the artwork to the left of the logo.
4. http://www.vgsummit.com/2009 The overall site design is very similar, but the type and the artwork are rearranged.
These all use Myriad Pro, but you're free to use whatever you'd like as long as it's a font we can legally use for free.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR PIECE:
1. A logo that works with a strong background color (similar to our other sites above).
2. A version of logo that works against a white background.
3. Must contain the words "Startup Lessons Learned." You can rearrange the type however you'd like, but a horizontal layout is preferred.
4. Fun but professional feel
5. Must reproduce well at small and large sizes and on various media (website, signage, print, etc.)
6. Must be delivered as a vector (Adobe Illustrator) file.
**Must Not Have's**
1. Neon or over-saturated colors that are "over the top" or that will not reproduce well.
2. Generic "business" elements/icons, like two people talking or ordinary charts/graphs. Interesting logotypes (without illustration) are also acceptable, as this is a tough concept to represent in art.
3. Gradients--won't reproduce well on some of the media like t-shirts, etc.
4. Too much fine detail to reproduce effectively on T-shirts or at larger sizes on signage.
No Files Added