Tell us what you need
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Kind Is Beautiful
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1. We are a scrappy start-up trying to do some good in the world and are looking for designers that are looking to do some good too. We are on a mission to improve girls lives. We want to inspire, unite and mobilize girls 7-10 years old to redefine their beauty. We want a logo that really brings to life this mission. The logo should be inspiring (and encouraging), convey a sense of unity, and seem energetic (as if to mobilize).
2. Our brand personality is courageous, kindhearted, playful, principled and welcoming. Our logo should evoke this personality. While playful, our personality should not be misconstrued as silly, cartoonlike, baby-ish, busy, or complex. Rather, think of playful as vibrant, lighthearted, imaginative, and energetic.
3. We need a logo that shows an imperfected and inclusive depiction of beauty; something that is beautifully flawed. Think of things that are unexpected, variation, made by hand, or even doodled. Your design inspiration should be a 10 year old girl. 10 year olds are often the BIG kids on campus in elementary school, with the younger girls looking up to them. Preadolescence is beginning for many. Yet, 10 year olds still have strong elements of childlike behavior and needs allowing them to find commonality with their younger counterparts. The logo should not be sophisticated or overly polished.
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Please see attachment for inspiring logos. We'd like to see explorations with text only and image + text.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
1. The word kind in the logo will need to be interchanged with other words. Examples of words that will replace kind include: gratitude and courage. Feel free to show how your logo can be modified to include one of these words.
2. The logo can be stand alone or with an icon or image.
3. The logo will live against high design backgrounds that are at times elaborate. However, we do not want any borders or containers for the logo. It should be able to pop or stand out against these elaborate backgrounds.
4. This logo will be placed on everything from our website, stationary, memos, office presentations, to T-shirts. The logo will be primarily placed on rectangular shaped, flat objects. Please create a logo that will work across many different formats, especially rectangular objects.
5. Giving/philanthropy and high ethical/environmental standards are integrated into every aspect of what we are doing. We hope these practices are important to you too!
P.S. We really wish we could give more, but this is a lot of money for this small, scrappy start up as we are bootstrapping it ourselves. But, what we lack in funds, we make up for in passion, resourcefulness, courage, persistence, and gratitude. Thank you for considering this project!
No Files Added