Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Logo project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Logo?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
About Your Company
Corporate law solo practice supporting small and medium sized businesses.
Screen / Digital
Preferred Logo Style
Colors to Explore
Not applicable. Should be an icon only please.
Top 3 Things
1. Modern Art deco
My name is Tom Caldwell and I'm the founder of the brand called Thomas Henry. I am based in Toronto, Canada and I have two distinct but overlapping businesses.
One of them is a corporate law practice. I am a corporate lawyer by training, and I have been working as a lawyer for 14 years now in both Toronto and New York City. I started my own solo corporate legal practice, based primarily in Toronto, called the Thomas Henry Legal in 2018.
In addition, I also have a custom menswear business called Thomas Henry Made, which focuses on made to measure suits and shirts for the modern professional. This is also based in Toronto with some clients in New York City.
While the two businesses seem like they are separate, they actually work extremely well together – and have a “synergy” (for lack of a better word). There is a natural fit in seamlessly transitioning from the corporate and fashion worlds for me, and I don’t do any marketing for the Thomas Henry Made business. I simply do my job at Thomas Henry Legal, and people see my professionalism mixed with a sense of style.
I am happy with the existing brand identity for Thomas Henry Made, which I will use as a general “Thomas Henry” brand identity. The general overall aesthetic that I tried to create for Thomas Henry Made is what I call “Modern Art Deco”. The brand colours show a lot of black and cold, with little bit of grey. This is meant to refer to the skyscrapers, the glamour and the history of the 1920’s era in New York, but in a modern way – not a vintage representation at all.
In particular, I am very fond of the “rayban” image which you can see in the Thomas Henry Made branding (specifically, see the bottom right hand corner of the letterhead). The “rayban” image I think does a good job of evoking an art deco feel, and it links it up to a menswear business (the raybans form a lapel of a suit jacket) even though you might not know that the first look at it.
I am using Crowdspring now as I would like to create an icon / symbol/ brand signifier / logo – whatever you want to call it, to be used specifically for Thomas Henry Legal. I would like something like the “rayban” image to use to refer to the legal side of the business, specifically in the same place on the letterhead for Thomas Henry Legal. However, it would be used to represent the corporate law practice more generally.
Now the hard part in providing some direction for you is I am not sure exactly what type of image/ representation I would like for the corporate law business. It is a more conservative profession, but I wold like something that shows a sense of style. I'm looking really for an image that shows that it's a professional corporate legal business, mostly dealing in paperwork, but really it's about advising clients and making them happy and links to an idea of the legal profession but is a lot more modern and aesthetically pleasing.
The one strong direction that I can give you is to note what I do NOT want; that is, I am not looking for anything that is typical, derivative or cliché for the law. Not something that's old school or stuffy or vintage or kitschy. That means no scales of justice or courtroom or gavel or anything else that a typical icon would suggest. I just don't know exactly what that would be, which is where your ideas would come in.
I do know I am looking for something that is clean and minimalist, and doesn't have to be particularly legal focus – it can just look professional in a way that resonates with the right sort of feel. And also is timeless, as opposed to trendy, and would as good in 1920 as it would in 2020 and 2120.
To give you some more direction to work with, I have attached some of the brand materials that have been developed for Thomas Henry Made. These are:
1. The “Thomas Henry” logo (also used for the legal business).
2. The Thomas Henry Made letterhead. See the bottom right-hand corner for the rayban logo. This is also where the logo for Thomas Henry Legal would be used.
3. The Thomas Henry Made brand standards guide. (Please follow this as well for colours and direction).
4. Two examples of style guides, used to pick out garment options for Thomas Henry Made (shows examples of layouts and uses of colour).
5. A portfolio presentation made to a potential sponsor, which shows a good use of the images/ photos and other brand inspiration.
6. A draft biography that tells more about my personal story, which can help provide you with some direction for the legal business/ approach.
7. The Thomas Henry Made website you can find here: www.THmade.com – note there is not currently a website for Thomas Henry Legal.
8. You have also refer to the old Instagram account for Thomas Henry Made here: https://www.instagram.com/thomashenrymade/
I hope this brief is helpful. I look forward to your designs, and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Thank you, have a great day and I hope you are safe and healthy in this COVID-19 pandemic.