Food & Beverage
About Your Company
Pickett Brewing Company is a craft brewery in Baltimore, Maryland. The following vision and mission will serve as governing principles for Pickett Brewing Company’s production, distribution, and operations:
• Vision: Pickett Brewing Company’s vision is to create good beer, and craft it for all.
• Mission: Pickett Brewing Company’s mission is to distribute authentic local craft beer to restaurants, liquor stores, and through direct sales at the brewery and in a future casual and communal taproom where loyal customers meet new neighbors and friends.
Pickett Brewing Company aims to have a diverse customer base with people ranging in age from 21-70 who live in Baltimore City and surrounding areas, in addition to partnerships with restaurants, and liquor stores.
Below are descriptions of various target customer groups that Pickett Brewing Company will focus on:
• Neighbors: Pigtown has diverse residents who will be neighbors to the Paca Street location. Pickett Brewing Company will establish connections to the local neighbors through connecting with Pigtown Main Street and word-of-mouth outreach.
• City Residents and Employees: Pickett Brewing Company will also aim to attract college students, professionals, medical providers, and more from the surrounding universities, companies, and hospitals that live in the neighborhoods beyond Pigtown.
• Tourists: Pickett Brewing Company will also aim to attract Baltimore City tourists as the location is a short walk from downtown and the Inner Harbor, and close to multiple hotels.
• Sports Fans: With the proximity to M&T Bank Stadium and Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Pickett Brewing Company will attract sports fans for gameday supplies, and post-game drinks. Adjacent parking lots are utilized for tailgating and will give customers visibility of Pickett Brewing Company. Additionally, the brewery will open for longer hours on game days. Attracting sports fans will also broaden brand recognition to customers who live outside the city.
• Beer Fans: Pickett Brewing Company will join the list of craft breweries in Baltimore and will attract beer fans and those who enjoy talking about the brewing process, ingredients, and more. Pickett Brewing Company aims to build and grow connections with “beer nerds” through partnerships with groups like City Brew Tours and Girls Pint Out.
Screen / Digital
Preferred Logo Style
Image + Text
Colors to Explore
Pickett Brewing Co.
We’d like a logo that is instantly recognizable to our loyal customers and that stands out as a brand in the craft brewing market both at the physical location and on store shelves. It needs the ability to be applied and recognized on a building façade, beer cans, merchandise, and digital assets. We’d like a conceptual representation of the 4 ingredients of beer to be included: grain, water, yeast, hops and connected to the 4 areas of Maryland: suburbs, city, waterfront, mountains. We also like logos that have a main logo, but simplified iterations for things like social media that are still easily recognized as the Pickett Brewing Co. Brand (see Union links below).
We do not want the following included: picket fences, Maryland flag, we’d prefer it to not be a circle logo, but have iterations for social media in circle form.
We are attaching our current logos. The reason we're moving away from them is because 1) the tree looks too similar to a palm tree, and 2) the grains, and hops-only look is played out in our industry. However, we really want to use the same font that we currently use, which is called "Above."
Top 3 Things
Quality, community, and authenticity.
Here are competitors examples:
Can we receive .svg files, in addition to PDFs, jpegs, pngs?