Pine Lake Covenant Church
What do you do?
We exist to invite people into a relationship with Jesus that develops into a life of devotion to God and service to others. We want to celebrate the best of the Christian tradition but flush out all "churchiness".
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Pine Lake Covenant Church
You'll receive designs for biz cards, letterhead and envelopes.
For stationary, wed like a variety of stationary formats, including (at minimum):
Standard 3.5x2 Business cards, full color
Standard 8.5x11 letterhead, full color
Matching white #10 envelope, full color
Matching white 9x12 envelope, full color
Compliment slip (8.5" x 3.75") and matching envelopes, full color
Monarch sheets (7.25" x 10.5") and matching envelopes, full color
Message card (3.44" x 4.88"), full color
Name tags with adhesive back (4" x 2"), full color.
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your logo and stationery
Our church is 30 years old with a congregation that spans all generations. The largest audience is families with children at home and we want to improve our messaging and reach to young families in their 20s and 30s.
Our style is Pacific Northwest casual. We are contemporary but not cutting-edge, nor old/traditional. If you visit on a Sunday you will find a vibrant worship band and Biblical teaching, but not a concert atmosphere, nor very traditional elements such as pews, stained glass or hymnals.
We are undergoing a transition which will retain our core values but will refresh our communications, facilities, etc.
Location is a bedroom community suburb of Seattle, with many high-tech & software employees and a very high concentration of families with school-age children.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your logo and stationery?
1) PLCC is about Transformation through Jesus Christ
2) PLCC is inclusive; welcoming to people of all backgrounds
3) PLCC vibrant & casual
Style and Concept
What logo and stationery styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
1) We are open to both text-only and text+image.
2) If text-only, the text needs to be visually distinctive and preferably not easily replicated through common fonts (we want to discourage staff & volunteers from attempting to replicate the logo through common Office apps instead of using the sanctioned graphics).
3) If your design includes an image, we would like the image portion to be able to stand alone, for example as a profile picture, fav icon or other situation where text is too much or doesnt fit.
4) We prefer the logo to work both horizontally (wide) and vertically (square, e.g. for a profile pic). Its OK if the vertical/square orientation consists exclusively of the image portion.
5) The logo must scale from very small to large street-front signage.
6) Its OK to include religious symbols such as the cross, but wed also like to see designs without religious imagery. We want to stay away from stained glass, fish, doves, hearts, bibles, steeples, praying hands, flowers (leaves are OK), butterflies.
7) We are not specifically looking to incorporate trees or a lake, but we are open to it if you have a great idea. Just for clarity, Pine Lake is not an abstract inclusion in our name. There is actually a lake close by called Pine Lake and its included in our church name to indicate the rough location of our campus within the city. Pine Lake is not visible from our church so theres no strong visual tie.
8) We are not tied to our current logo and not expecting you to retain a family resemblance to it or its colors.
9) The logo should be non-gender-specific.
What colors do you want to see in your logo and stationery?
1) We are looking for you to be creative with color scheme. The rest of our branding (e.g. web site, publication colors, etc) will be derived from the colors you develop for this logo. If your design uses just a couple of colors, wed welcome a suggestion of a larger palette of complementary colors that we might use in the design of various materials such as PowerPoint templates, newsletters, signage, etc.
2) The logo must translate into black on white, white on black, grayscale and a one-color use.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo and stationery?
We don't want to see all 3 primary colors in a single design. Otherwise, we're open to your creative ideas.
What adjectives should best describe your logo and stationery?
1) Fresh (but not trendy)
2) Caring, Lifegiving, Transforming
3) Warm & Welcoming
4) Authentic & Transparent
Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
This logo is to be used on our website, on stationary, on print advertising, physical signage, t-shirts, etc
Do you have additional info or links you want to share?
1) We desire a complete style guide covering colors, font usage , whitespace, etc.
2) Heres our web page: http://www.plcc.org. We will rebrand the web page (logo, color scheme initially, more later) based on the winning logo design.
3) Heres our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/plcc.community
4) You can see our building on Google here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pine+Lake+...
Here are some examples of other logos that we like:
No Files Added