LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are a high end cycling coaching business. We are based out of Victoria, BC (in Canada.) Up until recently, our centre was the national development centre but we have decided to go private.
We are a high end coaching centre with full facilities. We currently coach multiple Olympians and World Champions, so we work with the highest level athletes. The goal of our new centre is to provide this highend coaching to any cyclist or triathlete who is interested. So, we will continue to work with athletes looking to reach Olympic calibre. But, we will also provide the same level of service and personalization to "local athletes" looking for high level coaching.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a logo design first and foremost. Once we have a logo, we will also need business cards.
We are planning on launching our website in mid-August and we need a better logo for the site. I've attached a screen shot of the website design with our "current" logo.
It is most important to us that the logo:
a. Fits well with the website design
b. Represents our business (see below)
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience is cyclists and triathletes looking for high level coaching. While we are not focusing on high level athletes (anyone can use our services) we are focused on athletes looking for the highest quality of coaching (we don't do quick and cheap training plans... we build a relationship with each athlete.) Our key message/mission is that we help each athlete we work with reach their highest personal level (whether it's World Champion caliber or the top rider in their area.) Our marketer described it as "helping each athlete become the world champion of their personal world."
So, it is most important that the logo show:
1. Represent the sport - we need some sort of cyclist in the logo design
2. Represent the caliber of the coaching service and our mission of making each athlete "their own personal world champion" - we'd like to use the world champion colors in the logo
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
I've attached several files to help show what we're looking for:
1. scanner_pacificsport_com_20090707_120140.pdf and scanner_pacificsport_com_20090713_111847.pdf- these are files with some sketches we did. Bear in mind we are not designers - these are just thought process and in no means are we suggesting you just do cleaned up versions of what you see here. Also, this particular representation of the cyclist (side view) is actually a very common logo design. So, please just use these sketces to help get a sense of our thought process and nothing more.
2. UCI logo.jpg - this logo contains the world champion colors which we would like to work into the logo. Bear in mind we don't have any legal rights to the UCI logo, so we can't do something similar. Just use the colors
3. u16853995.jpg - another possible way of representing a cyclist. We were thinking about a logo design showing a cyclist with his/her arms in the air and the world champion colors or a Canadian maple leaf in the background.
4. Website Design.jpg - a screenshot of our website. It's important that the logo fit well with the design. The logo you create will replace the logo in the top left corner of the design.
5. Nat Cycling Cntr.gif - our old logo when we were the National Development Centre.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
This is covered above, but just as a quick summary, we definitely want:
1. Some representation of a cyclist in the logo (though maybe not the side view you'll see in some of our sketches, since it is becoming a very common logo.)
2. Use of the world champion colors (see the UCI logo)
1. It would be nice to have some representation of the Canadian maple leaf (but not necessary)
No Files Added