LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
St. James Anglican Church is a brand new community of faith in San Jose, CA. In our 2nd month as a church, we are filled with joy, hope and excitement about serving the San Francisco Bay Area.
We cherish our Anglican tradition. At the same time, we live in Silicon Valley and most of us work in high tech. So weve used the tagline Traditional faith in a contemporary world. Both our history and our life today place consistent value in excellence, beauty and intellectualism.
You can learn more about us and see photos on our website (http://www.stjamesacna.org/). Just dont get attached to the look/feel of the website, since were going to change it based on your work!
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
1. LOGO suitable for use in horizontal and vertical treatments. It must be simple, impactful and legible enough to work across all media, in b/w or color, and in many sizes (website, stationary, t-shirts, mugs).
2. PALETTE We need a palette of 6-8 colors, so that we can extend our branding to church garments and linens, interior design, etc. The palette needs to include shades of white, red, green, purple, black, rose and blue, since these are seasonal colors within the church calendar. An explanation is attached in a PDF file.
3. BUSINESS CARD Our business card does more than just introduce us, it is an invitation to worship, so it should include service times and the address.
4. STATIONARY Slide template, invitation template, a flyer for coffeeshop bulletin boards, and a service bulletin cover.
5. GIF BANNER Small, static GIF banner for placement on partner and search sites.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
People who have never been to a church, but are seeking answers to lifes most important questions
People who havent been to church in a while
Active Christians, in our church and in our community
In the Bay Area, this is a broad group of people:
Young professionals with families. They are active, balancing work and home. They are intelligent and well-educated.
Families who have immigrated from all around the world (Mexico, Russia, Vietnam, India, South America, China, etc.). Some have come from wealthy, privileged homes, and some have come from danger and poverty. These are smart, accomplished, hardworking people with the courage and optimism to leave their homes and adapt to a whole new culture.
California natives with a sense of adventure and a willingness to play outside the lines.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
We are part of the global Anglican Communion. Their logo is the historic Compass Rose design: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/
Within the US, we are part of the Anglican Church of North America. Their logo is very simple (and could be bigger on this page!): http://www.pitanglican.org/
Weve attached a PDF with some church logos that we like, and some we some dislike.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Our name refers to St. James the Greater, one of Jesus disciples (two of which were named James). We want to use his symbols, the cross or shell or both, in our logo. But it can be subtle we want the logo to be tasteful. Weve attached a short bio, symbol treatments, and famous paintings, pulled from web sources.
No Files Added