LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Literacy is a woman owned fashion company based in Seattle, Washington. This is a start-up effort by two full-time working mom's who see a gap in the current offering in women's fashion. Looking to offer something more timeles (less trendy), with attention to quality and detail, that is unique and artful, and definitely, not for the conservative. This is not clothing designed for their 70 year old mother or their teenage daughter.
We see an opportunity to provide womens apparel that is inspired by global designs for a well travelled, eclectic and artful woman. The clothing line will use rich and vibrant fabrics from India with creative, feminine designs and a generous attention to detail. Literacy line will be available through boutiques and high end retailers starting in the US market.
Literacy is for the woman who has a strong sense of self and her role in the global world she lives in. It is important to her that Literacy will give a portion of its proceeds to support global literacy effort.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Creatives that helps establish brand idenity: color, font, imagery, etc.
1) Logo that can be used for business cards, letter head, clothing label, clothing tags. Need it to be consistent for brand recognition.
Files for: letter head, clothing label, email signature, Web site logo (jpg)
2) Business Card
3) Stationary/Letter head
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Focusing on women who want to have a unique and cultivated look without being trendy. Women, age 30-50, who are accomplished and have busy lives but want to wear timeless, artful and quality clothing. Their clothing makes a statement about who they are - refined, smart, global, cultivated and creative.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
See attached impages for best examples.
Few examples from crowdspring:
http://www.crowdspring.com/portfolio/mbu... - nice color and energy to ad.
http://www.crowdspring.com/project/21907... - really liked this background image (muted and simple) and font
http://www.crowdspring.com/project/21907... - like the pink on grey. font is interesting but we want something stronger - less feminine.
http://www.crowdspring.com/project/21907... - like the purple on brown. not in love with the frilly font.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Brand identity that speaks to interplay between:
- the word "literacy" is a name we chose purposefully. One of the goal of company is to help support global literacy effort. A second is that our customer will have indepth knowledge (cultural literacy, social literacy, computer literacy, etc.)
-- fusion of east and west. Indian color, fabrics, detailing with more classic cuts providing an international feel to our clothes.
Terms we associate with brand: vibrant, international, artful, strong, intentional, unique, timeless.
Attached images: 001 - like the plum color and pattern. 002 - love color of cobalt blue and gold. 003 - like batik design. 004 - like floral in middle of page - brown reverse image.
- Strong use of vibrant colors in jewel tones (turquiose, plum, orange, gold).
- Like the interplay of vibrant color on more muted, natural tones (brown, black, grey)
Font: we would like a bold but decorative font such as BatangChe. Tag line (if we have one) could be in script/romantic font such as Gabriola. We like examples of bold color font on more muted background (plum on brown, yellow on soft blue, etc.)
Image: not required as part of brand identity. Couple of ideas:
- something about henna/mendhi and batik designs that might be considered good representations of the fusion idea - east and west
- a luminescent element (floral lamp) to connote shining a light on something
- floral/leaf to connote fertile minds and growth. Again, maybe in mendhi style with dotted lines.
Tag line: optional but would be nice to have a tag line if it ties concepts together. Examples: "your quest for quality", "down to finest detail", "fashion as life"
No Files Added