Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Logo & Business Card project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Logo & Business Card?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
After collaborating with multiple designers, the client picked their favorite design, reviewed proofs, requested and received tweaks, and approved final files. The client received high resolution final design files and a signed intellectual property agreement giving the client full ownership to the design.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
Tell us what you need
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Hosting Parcel or HostingParcel or hostingparcel or hostingparcel.com (...) you get the idea!
What is your industry?
Internet - I sell web hosting packages and services aimed at small business and freelancers.
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
I want/need the branding (logo & stationary) to be corporate, fresh and clever (in no particular order).
This logo will be used in Print, website, banner, and promo items.
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
I like image+text or image only. I also like clean minimalist logos with a clever twist.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
|ENTIRE BRIEF HAS BEEN UPDATED TODAY 8/15/2012, PLEASE GO THROUGH IT ONCE MORE:
-The project was originaly a LOGO ONLY project, but I asked for a switch to a LOGO AND STATIONARY project. This means you will need to provide designs, not only for a logo, but for a business card, letterhead, envelopes and bills/receipts.
-The project originaly had a non-assured award. It was switched to an ASSURED AWARD. This means I promise to award a winner no matter what, and won't be allowed to request a refund.
-The project had an initial prize of $405. I just added $100 to make the final prize a woopin' $505.
|ABOUT THE BUSINESS NAME:
The name of the business is; Hosting Parcel (could be all CAPS, lower case, with the .com, stuck together, etc.). It's a web "Hosting" business and the "Parcel" part of the name comes from what I sell; web hosting packages.
|ABOUT THE BUSINESS ITSELF:
It's a very small business I started 8-9 years ago as a hobby (and it still is). I have around 10 clients right now, trying to expand a little (to 25 clients?). Never had a website to promote it... go figure! Most competitors only offer hosting support when their service fails; I manage all sides of the hosting, including creating mail accounts, DNS, installing scripts, phone support, etc. so my clients only need to focus on their own business. My clients pay a premium for my services compared to most competitors (Site5.com, Eleven2.com, HostDime.com). The business model I am aiming at is a transparent one. My clients know I rent servers, where I rent them from and that I also am a one-man show. I really sell more my services than the hosting itself.
|ABOUT THE LOGO I WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH:
I already have a sketch on paper of my own idea, but I wouldn't want to ruin your inspiration from showing it to you right away... you might come up with something a lot better! The logo should be simple, clever, clean... I like minimalistic logos. It might not say "web hosting" when you see the logo, and that's ok with me as long as it's giving my business its own identity. I will be working on a WordPress theme from the design of the winning logo, so you are taking the first step towards the website design. I am not looking to for a stock 2.0 logo with blues and greens, it's been done before. I came here because I saw great inspired work.
|SITES TO HELP YOU GET INSPIRED:
|LOGOS I LIKE AND WHY:
While doing some research, here are a couple of logos I stumbled across and really liked;
http://dribbble.com/contrast8 - This guy has a nice way of coming up with clever ideas for logos - image only or image and text logos, most have a "twist" when you look carefully at them.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17599... - This logo is so simple it's smart. The wind sweeping the dot off the i. I love it!
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/13996... - Another simple yet effective logo. Minimalist.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17611... - Another minimalist logo... is it overrated? But I still love how simple yet it goes straight to the point.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17384... - The use of a letter to make the fork.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/16006... - You can see the "s" within the d.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17559... - The arrow within the R.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17596... - I like how they explain the logo within itself.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17268... - You know what it's about looking at the logo.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17621... - The use of white to create the dripping icing.
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/16744... - I like the colors used for the logo. It gives a warm feeling.
|HOW TO CATCH MY EYE AND WIN $505:
1) Don't try to play with the acronym HP - It simply doesn't work. Unless you have something that's ground breaking, please refrain from posting logos solely showing an HP acronym. If you insist on using the acronym or words, I have seen great use of letters and whole words;
If you don't think you can match that, leave it there.
2) Please, leave the brown/gold color scheme to UPS. I need more earthly colors. Think tree/leaf - water/snow - night/water - fire/ashes. These colors complement each other. Think alive and fresh. Think of a brand new corporate interior design with the latest materials and trends. I want to be proud displaying this logo everywhere.
3) If you can put your logo next to any business name and give it a meaning (a circle, dots, a square, etc.), don't bother posting it here -> You'll only waste my time and yours. It's too generic, please be specific. It needs to be memorable.
4) I want to give an IDENTITY to my business with this logo, and this is VERY important. I don't simply want to have "something" showing next to my name. I want it to be clever and memorable.
5) For each of your entries, have the logo on a WHITE background. Also, please copy a smaller version of the logo in a corner in plain black or charcoal with a good amount of white space around it. This'll give me a good idea of how it'll look monochrome.
6) Please please please comment your logo. You might have something in mind I cannot see when seeing the logo for the first time. Explain your research and why you came up with this idea. I like to know the background story of a logo.
7) I know there is a lot into this brief, but I am trying to be as specific as possible. I want to help you help me as much as possible. That's why I comment every single entry. If you don't care about reading the complete brief, then I am sorry to say I do not care about seeing and commenting your logo <---
Thank you all so much for the hard work you've put into this project so far. If you have any questions or comments on the way I am handling this project or on your own entries, please leave your message in my cS inbox or into the project activity or simply comment your logos. Thanks again :)
-The winner will need to provide the layered PSD file with an EPS/AI (vector) version for the logo and stationary.
-The winner will also need to provide designs for a business card, letterhead, envelopes and bills/receipts.
|PS: You can ask me anything relating to this project. I am monitoring it like it's my newborn child sleeping in the next room. I am taking time to comment and give feedback on each proposal, so please do the same with your entries. If something isn't clear or you don't know where to go, ask me, I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. Thanks again! :)
No Files Added