Dela Bt (which means Share-A-Boat in Swedish). The url will be www.delabat.se.
What do you do?
Share A Boat is a newly formed company which is just starting up its operations.
We will offer our customers the possibility to buy a share in a boat similar to time share.
We will primarily focus on selling this to already existing groups of individuals. There are several kinds of already existing groups that we will target, e.g., condominium owners close to the water, summer house owners in the same neighborhood, people in the same office, group of friends etc. We will also offer the concept to customers that do not already know each other.
We already operate one of Swedens largest marine retail and service companies, which means that we have the infrastructure to handle this very professionally.
The time share contracts will be valid for three years. We will offer a full service concept. When you buy a share in a boat the following will be included:
1. The cost of a fully equipped boat (i.e., capital loss, interest rate, etc.)
3. Winter storage and full winter service
4. Summer mooring (in the case they do not want to keep it somewhere else during the summer)
5. Online scheduling system to allow for the best collective use of the boat possible
6. Possibility for the owners to buy the boat at the end of the lease period at a predefined price.
List the size requirement(s) for your landing page
The main content area should be1024 pixels wide. There should be a non-content background outside this space for users with higher resolution screens. The area outside the main content area can be used creatively for design but not for content. It should be possible for the pages to expand down without in-page scroll (i.e. the design should not be limited downwards even if it can have a footer).
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your landing page
Our target audience is people that are:
1. Interested in using a boat
2. Not interested in all the hassle and responsibility that comes with owning a boat by themselves
3. Interested in a fixed predictable monthly fee instead of paying a larger lump sum up front
4. Not needing to have a boat at their disposal all the time, but can predict when they want to use it
From a demographic standpoint the stereotype customer will be a couple around 30-40 years old, upper middle class where he works in a bank or as a layer and she also has a profession. (There is a lot of variety to this stereotype but it is relatively true for the majority of our customers/target audience.)
Our customers/target audience is also relatively used and experienced with the Internet (which is true for the majority of the Swedish population.)
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your landing page?
1. The joy and fun of having access to a boat
2. The reduced hassle and lower cost a full service time share solution offers compared with owning a boat of your own i.e the easy way of having a boat
3. Security with us a supplier
How is your company different from your competitors?
There are no competitors that offer the same time sharing concept with boats. Our main competitors will be companies selling boats in traditional ways. Competitors are also other ways of spending excess money and spare time (e.g., golf, mobile homes, travel, etc).
This means that we are different in the way that we offer a unique and easier way of owning a boat.
Style and Concept
What landing page design styles do you like?
It should be:
1. Good looking with clear design and consistent look and feel
2. Appeal to the dream of freedom on the water
5. Not too busy
6. Not too playful and childish
7. Not too pretentious
What colors do you want to see in your landing page?
No real preference. It should feel contemporary.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your landing page?
Not too playful and many different strong colors. It has to be somewhat serious. It should not be too dark or too much black.
What adjectives should best describe your landing page?
Fun, joyful, easy, friendship (even if it is a noun), interesting, informative and knowledgeable.
What content must be included in the landing page?
1. We will do the final design of a logo later. For now, please put our name in an easy to read font that fits with the page at the top - Dela bt
2. There should be a main menu. It must be possible to include submenus in one more level in a structured way but there might be menu items that do not have submenus. It should contain the following main menu items in the design: How It Works, Boat Examples, About Us and My Pages (but we need to be able to easily expand it by at least two more menu items within the design). All this can be in English language well do the translation.
If there is an alternative to the traditional main menu with sub menus we could consider it, but the advantage of this structure is that most customers are very used to it.
3. There should be a place for a main promotion (which could be filled with more generic data if we do not have a main promotion.) This promotion will normally contain an example of a boat and the cost of this boat. It could possibly be a rotation of a couple of different boat examples.
4. There should be an area for news (which should preferably be relayed from our Facebook page or if this is not possible for design reasons it can be a separately designed news feed.
5. There will be a small area where we will give a quick explanation and promotion of the benefits for the customer with our concept.
6. A visible login for My Pages (which includes calendar function for the boat, account statement, etc.)
7. Email address and telephone number should be very visible.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
Additional information on what we are looking for.
1. The design proposal must have our name at the top, Dela Bt (which means share a boat).
2. The site will eventually be in Swedish, but it can be designed in English and we will translate it ourselves (with the exception of the logo which have to have the companys Swedish name, i.e., Dela Bt)
3. Our current web page is located at http://www.marindepan.se, but this will soon be replaced since it feels a bit outdated. It is also a bit too dark.
4. The most typical boat we will promote the first year is a Silver Hawk 540 DC which can be seen at http://silverboats.fi/index.php?lang=eng.
The company will be independant but run partly by Marindepan which is one of Sweden's major retail companies in the plessure boat industry.
No Files Added