What do you do?
Second Meeting hosts a recurring online event. At the online event, there are two roles for participants: Buyer and Supplier. Suppliers are paired with Buyers meeting the Suppliers' criteria. Paired Suppliers and Buyers have one-on-one video calls that last as long as the parties desire. After one call ends, another call begins shortly thereafter. Suppliers pay per second of the calls' length and Buyers are paid hourly.
The attached storyboards are for videos that will appear on the home page explaining the service; these might be instructive.
List the size requirement(s) for your landing page
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your landing page
- Audience: Businesspeople
- Age: 30-60
- Gender: All
- Location: US
- Education: College+
- Interests: investing time and money efficiently, developing their businesses, making money
- Lifestyle: Always busy working
- Behavior: short attention span
- Values: meeting buyers, thrift
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your landing page?
(1) You should view either the Buyer video or the Supplier video (both of which will be available on the Landing Page).
(2) You should register either as a Supplier or Buyer because that will help you get sales or make money, respectively.
(3) We have an event coming up.
How is your company different from your competitors?
Like trade shows, we enable Buyers and Suppliers to meet each other. We are different because we do that 10X faster, at 10X lower cost, and for targeted connections only. (Trade shows are partners in addition to competitors.)
Style and Concept
What landing page design styles do you like?
I like this website: http://www.dropbox.com/. The reason I like it is that it guides the visitor's actions very effectively.
I also like 99designs.com because the video is prominent and the page is relatively clean, though the page is a bit cluttered relative to dropbox.
What colors do you want to see in your landing page?
Orange and White. If a third color is needed, it should be Grey. By Orange, I mean the Orange that 99designs.com uses.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your landing page?
What adjectives should best describe your landing page?
Elegant, simple to understand quickly, persuasive, professional
What content must be included in the landing page?
The Page should contain the following elements, which I've listed roughly in the order of how prominently they should be displayed on the page.
(1) One video for Buyers and a second video for Suppliers (very prominent)
(2) Catch line for Suppliers: "Start Talking with Targeted Buyers for $0.50 Each." (prominent, should compel visitor to start video)
(3) Catch line for Buyers: "Get Paid Generously To Listen" (prominent, should compel visitor to start video)
(4) Link to the Registration page with text "Register for Event" (prominent)
(5) The logo, which is currently being designed (prominent)
(6) Text: "Next Event: March 1. 3pm ET." (prominent)
(7) A means for login (somewhat prominent)
(8) A place where it says, Welcome, [Name] if the person is logged in (somewhat prominent)
(9) Link to the Event page with text "Enter Event" (somewhat prominent, but less prominent than Registration Link)
(10) Link to a Skype.com page where one can download Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skyp...) (somewhat prominent)
(11) A 150-character description of the service: "During events, Suppliers pay per minute to speak with Buyers, by video or audio, who meet their target criteria. Buyers are paid a generous hourly rate." (not prominent)
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
(1) Potential Suppliers and Buyers may not self-identify as "Suppliers" and "Buyers."
(2) Qualification. It is important that only people qualified to be Buyers watch the Buyer video and register as Buyers, and that only people qualified to be Suppliers watch the Supplier video and register as Suppliers. We can qualify Buyers and Suppliers by presenting them with the following lines: For Suppliers: "Start Talking with Targeted Buyers for $0.50 Each." For Buyers: "Get Paid Generously To Listen."
(3) The Home Page should accomplish the following goals, listed in order of priority: (a) Cause visitors to register either as Buyers or Suppliers. (b) Show Buyers and Suppliers their respective introductory videos, both of which will be available on the Home Page. (c) Enable visitors to easily register, log in, reach the Event page, and go to the Skype download page.
(4) For inspiration, here are the opening lines of the Supplier and Buyer videos: Supplier Video: "Steve sells a product. He was frustrated chasing buyers with costly advertising and energy-draining calls. Then Steve found Second Meeting, where buyers come to him." Buyer Video: "Don't you wish you could get paid every time someone called to sell you something?"
(5) For further inspiration, you can read the story boards for the Supplier and Buyer videos, which are attached.
No Files Added