LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We will shortly be launching a new, trendy, slick, and urban online radio station (www.naachradio.com) that will broadcast a mix of US/UK chart hits, urban South-Asian mixes, and Bollywood chart hits and mixes.
The name of our brand is 'Naach' - its a word in Hindi that literally translates to 'dance' in English. The tag line for the radio station is 'Turn it up and Naach..' ('Turn it up and dance').
Our listeners will visit the website to listen to the latest in Bollywood music, urban South Asian music (such as Jay Sean's down) and also the top 40 chart hits (e.g Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc) - the music will be streamed live (24/7) on a interactive custom Flash player.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
For our soon-to-be launched website, we require the homepage with its Flash based media player to be designed.
The media player is the heart, soul, and focal point of our website its whats going to drive traffic to our site.
Please see the attached file 'website_functional_contents_illustrative_abstract.jpg' at a high-level, this describes our functional (NOT VISUAL) requirements.
we want to see creativity in the design and integration of ad-banners on our site our concept is to cleverly integrate ad-banners as if they were billboards in an urban landscape - for example the background of the website could be a watermark of an urban city landscape, and the ad-banners would be billboards either on top, or side of buildings.
As the focus our website is the media player, we've broken down our requirements in two (one) for the media player and (two) for the remainder of the main page.
(1) Elements to be designed and contained within the media player:
- a play, pause button and a volume dial (with mute)
- an area to display 'last played', 'now playing', and 'coming up next' track information (artist, song title, album cover image)
- a 'Shout out' box where listener can type in their song requests or shout outs
- a 'Rate it' function where listeners can rate the song playing currently
- an area to provide information on which presenter/show is live on air (with their photo)
- area that displays scrolling tweets (twitter feeds) the scrolling text could be displayed as illuminated LED lights (see attached examples 'scrolling_text_example_1.jpg' and 'scrolling_text_example_2.jpg')
- elements of our logo (for example globe with the equalizer)integrated in the media player
- Three cleverly integrated ad-banners of the following sizes (for IMU size information, go to http://www.iab.net/iab_products_and_indu... )
(1) 468 x 60 IMU
(2) 728 x90 IMU
(3) 300 x 250 IMU
(2) Remainder of the elements on the main page:
- the radio station logo [the www.naachradio.com version]
- links to a pop-up media player, 'About Us', 'Contact Us','Competitions', 'Blog' and social media sites (FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.).
- a Boss Panic button that is easily accessible. (see top right of www.workopolis.com).
- Four cleverly integrated ad-banners of the following sizes
(1) 468 x 60 IMU
(2) 120 x 600 IMU
(3) 300 x 250 IMU
(4) 300 x 250 IMU
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience is North American and British youth of South-Asian origin [15 - 34 year age group].
We want them to think of us as someone who understands where they come from and play the kind of music they love - without having to change the radio dial and jump between the station that plays the latest US/UK Billboard chart hits and the station that plays urban South-Asian, upbeat fusion mixes, and mainstream Bollywood music.
We also want our customers to think that we are youthful, energetic, trend-setters, and hip.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
- We like the clarity/simplicity of the media player. The layout is not too crowded yet it provides a lot of information.
- The colors, and that it appeals to the young.
- Like the style, look-n-feel, and the colors (except the purple).
- Like the colors, however it is a bit dark overall. Do not like the layout as it is way too 'busy'.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- all functional elements must be covered in the design
- the site design must be gender neutral
- the colors should appeal to the young
DON'T WANT TO SEE:
- emphasis on the South-Asian element of the brand
No Files Added