What do you do?
Melody Live is a band that performs soulful dance music for children. We're producing a music video featuring puppets shot on green screen and need eight backgrounds designed for the various scenes.
How many pages of illustration do you need?
4 music video backgrounds
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
Images should be 3840 x 2160. We require Photoshop files with each element on a separate layer so we can animate them in After Effects.
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your illustration
The audience is young girls, teenage girls and moms. There should be a modern and hip quality to the design. Our audience expects a very contemporary high end design.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your lillustration?
The background designs should be fresh, strikingly attractive and wholesome/pleasant looking. They should appeal to young girls who are looking for something "cool".
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
We're open to most illustration styles. Wow us. We need you to design your images with the intent for various elements to move and become animated. If you can animate them for us, all the better, but this is not required.
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
The 8 locations should have a common design approach but they can be any color that works for the scene.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
The overall impression should be bright and colorful. That said, we're open to any color pallette as long as it's attractive.
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
Happy, fun, it's great to be alive.
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
Illustrations will be used in the music video, but we may repurpose them for promotional materials and merchandise.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
All the images must be designed with regards to where the puppet characters will be standing in the scene. Thus, there should be a ground plane for the characters to stand on. Please use the attached file (MelodyLive-standins.jpg) to indicate where the characters should be placed in the scene. The character with the microphone ('G') is the lead singer.
Here are the eight locations that we need:
1) Overhead shot of a suburban neighbourhood. One of the streets is a cul de sac with a stage built in the center of it (this is Melody Drive). (no characters to be placed in this scene)
2) Street-level view of Melody Drive lined with suburban houses. At the end of the street there is a cul de sac with five houses facing onto it. There is a stage built in the center of the cul de sac. One of the houses on the cul de sac has an open garage door. The girls are dancing in the garage.
3) Interior suburban garage with lighting truss and disco lights mounted on the ceiling. We push in through the open garage door to see that the girls have converted their garage into a makeshift dance studio.
4) Exterior suburban garage & driveway. The girls dance out of the open garage door and onto their driveway. (Basically a tighter version of Image 2, with the girls on the driveway now).
5) The girls dance on a cloud with blue skies in the background. We pull out to reveal the cloud is smiling. The sun goes down and the moon comes up (and then a face appears on it and smiles).
6) A park with swaying trees & grass & flowers. Birds and butterflies fly by. The girls sing and dance here.
7) A psychedelic stylized location for a big dance break.
8) A close-up of the dance stage built in the center of the cul-de-sac, with lighting truss and disco lights flashing. The girls sing and dance on this stage for their friends and neighbours.
No Files Added