To learn more about our company, please visit www.SisMeliss.com. The website gives a basic understanding of where the company has been and where we would like the company to go.
Included with this information are copies of our current labels and some ideas of where we would like the design of the new labels to go.
- Garlic Vinaigrette An all natural salad dressing that is fit for a vegetarian and vegan diet. The product has no added sugars and uses only Extra Virgin Olive oil (no soybean or canola oil). The product is soy and gluten free. There are no added preservatives and/or fillers. The ingredients are listed in the attached back label for the product. This product is provided in an 8 oz. and 16 oz. bottle.
- Classic Caesar dressing - An all natural salad dressing that has no added sugars and uses only Extra Virgin Olive oil (no soybean or canola oil). The product also has no anchovies. The ingredients are listed in the attached back label for the product. This product is provided in an 8 oz. bottle.
The bottles being used for the labels are considered to be traditional salad dressing bottles. In the foods industry the bottle is called the bango bottle. Its the same kind of bottle used by Organicville and Annies Natural salad dressings. The dimensions of the bottles label are the follow for the 8 oz and 16 oz bottles.
8 oz. 3.875 inches in height and 2.750 inches in width (from center) and 2.50 inches in width at bottom of bottle.
16 oz. 4.250 inches in height and 3.250 inches in width (from center) and 3.0 inches in width at bottom of bottle.
Purpose: Redesign front labels of our two flavors of salad dressings.
- One of the designs will be used for a Garlic Vinaigrette salad dressing 8 oz. and 16 oz. bottles. The other label is for our Classic Caesar dressing on an 8 oz. bottle.
Goals: Create a fresh design that will convey our business is progressing from a low budget ma & pa business to an up-and-coming and MUST HAVE ma & pa business. We want a more professional look that will catch a prospective buyers eye with an appeal of class but still with an element of a ma & pa quality product.
- Our products are considered a high end buy and the ingredients are the reason for the higher price. Our products are double in cost compared to a Paul Newmans Own, Wish Bone, Hidden Valley Ranch, etc. and they are not really considered our closest competitors. We compete mostly against other smaller companies like Organicville (www.organicvillefoods.com) and Annies Naturals (www.anniesnaturals.com).
- Our products are mainly carried in Whole Foods in Southern California with the hopes to expand within Whole Foods on a national basis.
Idea of new labels:
- Within each new front label we would like the design to be themed around the flavor. Currently we have two flavors but we do plan to add 2-3 more flavors.
- We'd like to see if we can use a cartoon/caricature of the creator (Melissa) of this product Sis Meliss in the center of the label. The idea is kind of like Paul Newman's dressing. With Paul Newman's dressing, his face is designed around the dressing's flavor. What we would like to do is create a kind of "paper doll" we can add features to that match the dressing's flavor. For the Caesar dressing, a figure dressed in a toga. For the garlic vinaigrette, a figure dressed in an apron holding a basket of vegetables'. The cartoon/caricature would look similar to Melissa and we would want the image to be eye-catching and not over the top. Attached are photos of Melissa and the picture of her with short hair is closer to how she looks right now. A drawing with a Melissa with medium to short hair would work as well.
- With the design of the new labels, Ive attached what had been most-recently created. We do like how these were looking, however we are not set on them. If you can make a better design, please feel free to submit what you think.
- We have a new logo and must use that new logo within all labels. We like the idea of adding certain elements to the logo that are fitting to the salad dressings flavor. A laurel wreath over the M for the Caesar dressing, a garlic bulb over the M on the garlic vinaigrette, etc.
- Form our old labels; we used artwork hand-drawn from Melissas mother. The drawings are part of our history but understand if we cannot use them to where they look professional and/or good, we will move on.
- As an outline around the cartoon/caricature, we liked the idea of it themed to the salad dressing flavor. For the Caesar dressing we like the laurel wreath. We would like to use the laurel we found on istockphoto.com. The one we would like to use is file #: 610858. It is titled olive wreath vector. For the Garlic vinaigrette, a vine with garlic bulbs would be the way we would go.
No Files Added