What do you do?
Mobile Software Applications For Apple iOS and Android OS
How many pages of illustration do you need?
I only need a 1 illustration. This project is very very simple and should be able to be completed fairly quickly.
What do you need illustrated?
I need a single illustration of birds. More specifically they need to be crows. No doves, flamingos, eagles, Angry Birds, Twitter Tweeties, piegons, etc. They need to be crows. They need to NOT be moving. They need to be standing still on the ground lined up next to each other with there wings clasped to their sides. Not in the air flying around. They need to be 2D-like or 3D-ish. No fancy backgrounds are required but feel free to add one to make the images stand out if want to. I have attached images of below and written specs of what the crows should look like.
Please do not go off on a wild creative tangent and create images that do not fall into the guidelines of this breifing or fit with the specs. You'll only be wasting both our time. Please stick to the script.
1. Apple: (A Light-Grey crow with a shiny Aluminium look and the Apple logo on it's stomach. It should resemble the back of a iPad.)
2. Caterpillar: (A Dark Yellow crow with a Rusted Construction Site Metal look. It should look like a CAT machine with a little bit of dirt and rock dust on it's little crow feet to symbolize hard work.)
3. Facebook: (A Royal Blue crow with a large Facebook's "f" on it's back or stomach.)
4. Sony: (An all Black crow with a Smooth-Sleek PlayStation 3 glossy look. It should look like a new Sony product.)
5. Starbucks or Verizon (Either a Crow that shows of the classy Starbucks style or a crow that has the Verizon the long red "V" logo on it's wings. The choice is yours.)
6. Google (An all white crow with Splashes of Green, Red, Yellow, and Blue on the tips of it's wings and maybe in other areas but not to much. Google never over does it.)
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
The winning artist of this project will not only receive $300, but will be hired to design over a 100 more crows for our company. We're trying to create a crow for every publicly traded company in America for our software application. That's over 15,000 companies. The winner of this project will be taking home a $300 award and a huge oppurtunity for more cash awards on future projects. This is my 6th project with www.crowdspring.com and when you add in my Newground, Elance.com and Odesk.com projects i've done will over 50 projects in my career and worked with loads of incredibly talented artist. I will be fair, I will be direct, I will give full critiques on all works no matter how good or bad they are, and I will deliver them in a timely manner and I WILL choose the artist who best transforms these legendary companies into beautiful crows and follows my guidelines to the letter.
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your illustration
Also be advised these crows should not have eyes! They need to be smooth not rough. No random feathers poking out. They need to look like they have been dipped in a pool of whatever company they represent. Imagine taking a crow by the legs and dipping it into a tub full of Google or Apple or Facebook or Sony and then pulling it out. What would it look like? I want it to look like the crows are dripping with the colors of the companies, like when an vanilla ice cream cone is dipped into a vat of chocolate.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your illustration?
I want these birds to convey all the legenday qualties of the companies they symbolize. If you don't know what these companies look like (a Caterpillar machine, Google's homepage, Sony PS3, Apple iPad) PLEASE go on Google and look them up so you can accurately portray them.
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
3D and 2D images. I hate flat overly cartoon images. I'm not making a Cartoon Network TV show. These are serious companies and I need serious "crows" to represent their international notoriety. Take a step back and imagine what these crows would like if each of these 6 companies were tasked with creating a crow that encapsulated everything about their companies world famous culture and style in one image. This why a simple Disney/Nickelodeon style image just won't work. It can't be childish it has to be serious to make sense.
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
1. Apple: Light Aluminum Grey
2. Caterpillar: Dark Rusted Yellow
3. Facebook: Royal Blue
4. Sony: All Black
5. Starbucks or Verizon: Green and Brown or Red and Black/White
6. Google: White with Splashes of Green, Red, Yellow, and Blue on the tips of it's wings.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
Colors that aren't in the brief above^
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
1. Creative (Each Image Is Spot On To How I'd Imagine Each Company Look If It We're A Bird!)
2. Serious (The Professional Tone Of These Legendary Companies Has Trully Been Brought To Life Through These Birds!)
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
I will be using the images in my software application later on. For now we just want to see how things look and confirm our assumptions of this being a great idea.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
I'm attaching some images to this brief. BE ADVISED! I'm attaching the logo of our company. Our logo is the silhouette of a crow's head. Each of the crows you design should look the same as far as size and shape goes. They should all be the same. The only difference being the colors of the the companies they represent. So it's pretty much 1 crow, drawn 6 different ways. That one crow should have the exact same silhouette as the one in our logo! It should be able to fit it's head into that logo like a hand fits into a glove or a sock on a foot. Take a look at our logo, notice how there are no eyes, and no feathers sticking out. If you start from there you'll be fine.
No Files Added