Ecommerce Deli Website
What do you do?
Our client runs an eCommerce store that delivers products that they produce and have created the recipes for. They also sell several quality products by other producers. Products include cheese, sausage, dip mixes, gift baskets, condiments, grilling meats, candy and more. Their Cheese, Sausages and Gift Baskets are their top sellers and want to emphasis these the most. They have a strong Americana emphasis and have all of their products and ingredients from the US. They also ship to the troops and strongly support the US armed forces. We want this mascot to emphasis this friendly, american attitude. The slogan for this is "Big American Flavor Straight to Your Door"
How many pages of illustration do you need?
What do you need illustrated?
We need a mascot made for this client, it will be referred to as The Sausage Man, and it should emphasize that they deliver sausage as well as cheese and other specialty items. Our vision sees the Sausage Man as a full character illustration from head to toe, either in a walking motion or standing still. We've uploaded a few example images for inspiration and also a picture of the owner. We would also like to see him holding a basket with cheese and sausage. These are not strict requirements, but these our ideas for the vision of the illustration. We require the illustration to be digital and the final project deliverable will be 100% vectorized artwork. It would be nice to see something that is nostalgic, but this doesn't have to be. Such as the old school Milk Man image. Mascot should be a helpful happy character. He should also not be too childish, it should be geared toward a middle aged audience. Avoid cliches please.
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
No particular size is really necessary since the final product will be vector artwork that can be scalable to any size. However, the illustration should be recognizable and maintain its integrity at both small and large sizes.
What is your industry?
Food and Beverage
Describe the target audience for your illustration
The audience is very in tune the idea of Americana. They are typically from the Midwest and tend to be older. However we do not want to alienate anyone and would like to focus more on a middle aged clientele.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your illustration?
- Friendly and helpful
- The character should resemble a delivery man
- The products are delicious
- Embodies the Americana ideal
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
Nothing too over-stylized, abstract or characters with overly exaggerated features. We've uploaded a few images to help to give inspiration, but as stated before, these are not strict requirements/guidelines.
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
Red | White | Blue are their logo colors. (See example of home page redesign jpg for the exact tones.) Other colors are allowed, but red, white and blue should be the most prevalent. For example, if the character has a uniform, etc.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
Purple, pink, neons, bright fluorescent colors, and other colors with similar characteristics.
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
- Family Orientated
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
The illustration will be used within various digital and print applications such as their website, promotional documents, etc.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
We have uploaded images for inspiration and to help generate ideas. Here's a few comments regarding the images we've supplied.
- Barron.jpg: This is an image of the owner who the character illustration will ultimately be representing.
- Doctor.png: We really prefer the style and professionalism of this illustration. However, we'd like our illustration to be a little more friendly and energetic.
- MilkDude.png: This illustration is very simple, but we like the friendliness of it. It does however seem slightly childish. But we like his body positioning and his sense movement and energy.
- MilkDude-Adult: This illustration is of a more mature delivery man, which is was we're essentially going for.
- DeliDirect-HomePageRedesign.jpg: This is an image of the redesign of their home page. This is where the illustration will initially be placed. Please use this as an important guideline, as the character should appear visually consistent with the design.
No Files Added