What do you do?
We publish fiction and nonfiction that have an uplifting/spiritual worldview. Christian audience, but Christianity not overtly presented in our YA fiction.
How many pages of illustration do you need?
6 (including cover)
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
5 5/16" x 8" with an additional bleed of .125"
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your illustration
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your illustration?
This is a story for teens.
It has adventure/paranormal action
It has a female protagonist who is independent and can handle herself.
There are 3 super good-looking half-men half-angels sent to protect her.
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
Current Marvel Graphic Novels/Comics
The Cobol Job - Inception movie graphic novel prequel
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
golds, deep red, cerulean blue, silvers.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
we will use the illustrations in a free eBook used to market/promote the full first novel and trilogy.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
Here's an overview of the illustrations desired (please read the attached short story to understand).
1. Opening action scene of Raven fighting/training with Vine in the garage; Mace is moving toward them, but Will is holding him back
2. Will standing (eyes closed), receiving his message from heaven with a dialogue box of "Quiet! Heaven whispers." Above him (top 3rd of the page) should be an abstract image of fire, acid, some kind of chaos at the St. Louis Mercer Stadium - the vision he's receiving from heaven.
3. Mace, Raven, Vine hovering above/descending to the stadium/concert,ssibly with the midplane above them. The midplane should look like an aurora borealis. We need a visual cue to understand that no one else can see them.
4. Mace and Vine with wings extended, hovering above the stage, looking shocked as the crowd looks on and the fireworks are bursting around them.
5. Nikki sitting up in bed after her dream. Clock reads 11:15. Above her (top 3rd of the page) should be an ethereal image of Mace's ocean-blue eyes. Dialogue box of "Boys with wings. As if."
6. The cover of the eBook: a montage of the illustrations (Nikki sitting up in bed, Mace and Vine above the stage, the fire/acid/chaos of Will's vision).
Subtitle: The Making of a Halfling
Top of the cover: Heather Burch
Under that: An illustrated prequel to the Halflings trilogy (follow design title treatment/layout exhibited in the cover of the full novel, which is attached)
No Files Added