What do you do?
software development, digital marketing, websites
How many pages of illustration do you need?
1 or more
What do you need illustrated?
one or more illustratations to show the character's concept and personality. Several poses, angles and facial expressions would be required. You may be asked to complete follow up work to further develop the concept and create more illustrations so that an animation specialist can bring this character to life in videos and animations.
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
there are no size requirements
What is your industry?
Software and InfoTech
Describe the target audience for your illustration
The target audience is corporate, but we this is a modern company, and we promote the fact that we are ennovative and "think outside the square" so it does not have to be to serious.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your illustration?
modern, innovative, creative
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
whatever u feel is required to illustrate the character's personality and concept
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
our company colours, mostly grey, orange, white, sometimes with a tiny bit of green.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
please stick to corporate colours as specified above
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
the main goal here is to make a good start in creating the concept of the character rather than producing files that are ready for any specific purpose
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
There are a bunch of files for u to download here:
Our company logo is provided, in both jpeg and vector format in case u find it useful.
Here are some of my thoughts to get the ball rolling. They are just initial thoughts so please do not interpret them as requirements. Please use your creativity!
I like the robot in concept01.png, but here is a list of suggested modifications:
- add orange accents, eg the midriff (torso) area abd maybe the toes
- overall look needs to be more dynamic (perhaps a little less round, sharpen some of edges for a more chiseled and masculine look)
- The whole concept of the head needs work, I am not a fan of the head stripes. I am almost thinking of going more of a human-like face, that can have facial expressions (see concept02).
- I quite like the idea of a rounded-cube shaped head, similar to the shape in the picture since it complements our logo (but I am open to ideas). You may even place a shiny orange helmet covering the top part head (based on the colour and rounded cube shape of the logo), but this is just a thought.
- I would like to animate the the robot's movement similar in style to the famous "Rayman" character in the Rayman games. There are plenty of pictures available and vidoes eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQX_6ovlP...
- i like the idea of the detached limbs of rayman... perhaps we could try a slightly limbs that are less detached than rayman, where the arms and legs are seperated from the body by a small gap
- We like the idea of giving the character some green spikey hair (see concept02) that "flattens out" when running really fast or flutters in the wind
if u want more views of the robot, they can be found here:
I've mentioned this a few times above. The style of this drawing is not appropriate since it is too cartoonish and childish for our website, but there are concepts about it I thought could be developed further eg the orange accents, the green hair (although at present it looks pretty out of place), the more human like facial expression. The problem with this cartoon of course is it is a girl as well, so as a concept it would need to be adjusted to be male!
No Files Added