What do you do?
I'm a self-published author.
How many pages of illustration do you need?
What do you need illustrated?
An illustration of a Chinese Zodiac wheel.
There will be three sections. A center circle and two outer rings.
- For the center of the wheel, Id like a yin-yang symbol.
- The ring around the center must contain the Chinese characters for each of the animal signs.
- The outer ring must be the images of the twelve animals.
For the images of the animals, they must be in a tribal vector style.
- The twelve Chinese Zodiac animals are: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, chicken, dog, and boar. Please note that the dragon must be a Chinese-style dragon (it should have wings, though).
- The animals must be full bodies, with the faces visible (i.e. body in profile, head turned to face the viewer). Their expressions must be fierce, but not angry or vicious. Their bodies must be strong and powerful.
- All twelve animals must have a warrior/guardian feel to them, including the more gentle animals like the rabbit. No bunnies, please.
- They must all be in the same pose, either prowling or leaping.
- The animals must be easily identifiable. Bold (black) strokes, but without an overload of detail.
*Must provide PSD file containing *all* layers.
Does your illustration need to be a particular size?
What is your industry?
Publishing and Media
Describe the target audience for your illustration
Readers of the fantasy romance genre.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your illustration?
Style and Concept
What lillustration styles do you like?
1. http://visuallyours.deviantart.com/galle... (The style of this set is quite nice, except the animals arent all in the same pose)
2. http://us.123rf.com/450wm/bokononist/bok... (I also like the thicker lines of this style)
3. http://tattooingtattoodesigns.com/galler... (Example of a Chinese dragon with wings)
What colors do you want to see in your illustration?
Black against transparent background (with the exception of black and white for the yin-yang symbol).
What colors do you NOT want to see in your illustration?
What adjectives should best describe your illustration?
Where will you use the illustration (print, website, etc.)?
Print, website, book cover, promotional items.
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
No additional info.
No Files Added