LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
DotComIt is a company all about helping programmers. Our primary focus is Flextras a line of interface components for Flex programmers. The values we like to communicate in our marketing material are:
We are in our tenth year in business. We are an Adobe Solutions Partner and have traditionally focused on building Rich Internet Applications with Adobe Flex. We have also worked with technologies including Adobe AIR Adobe ColdFusion, SQL Server, and Microsoft .NET.
Jeffry Houser, the companys founder, is an Adobe Community Expert and producer of The Flex Showa podcast for Flex programmers. He also has written multiple books, tons of articles, and is a regularly speaker about the technologies he uses.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We will have a sponsorship booth at the 360|Flex Conference in Indianapolis from May 17th to May 20th. As part of our booth, we decided to create a cardboard cutout person that people could stick their face through and take a picture. We want a custom character for the cutout.
Wed like the design to be slightly geeky and slightly cartoony. We created a rough sketch that is included as part of the materials. Our sketch is intended as a rough guideline for what wed like to see.
Here are a few criteria that it'd be good for you to know:
* We like the eBoy design style and other companies in the same space have used it. Here is one example http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/2008/02/25/po....
* Print size of Cardboard Person will be 72 inches x 36 inches (6 feet x 3 feet). If your design is size-able up to that amount at 300dpi.
* We want to design the character with a face even though that face will be knocked out for the initial use. To get a feel for scale, the face should be 6 inches x 9 inches inches, in an oval shape, and start at about 4.3 feet.
* We expect to use this design for other purposes in the long term, such as posting on a web site or possible on stickers and T-shirts.
* The Flextras web site can be viewed at www.Flextras.com . The logo is attached as part of this project.
* A version of this proposal, with slightly nicer formatting is attached as part of the project.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Programmers are the target market for Flextras. Programmers are analytical, logical people who tend to like structure in the things they do. Our customers are working to create Rich Internet Applications. Some examples of Rich Internet Applications are Buzzword, FineTune, or ScrapBlog. Here are some things our customers like:
* Twitter / Gmail
* Lost / Heroes / Battlestar Galactica
* iPods / iPhones / Anything Apple
The design should try to speak to that market.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
The eBoy style of design has been used by others in our same space:
However, we are open to original alternatives
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
See the file CutOutIdeaSketch attachment
No Files Added