Who are you?
Publisher for picture books
What do you need?
here is my briefing:
I want to produce a picture book to read to babies (3 to 6 months).
Style: feel free, you decide which style you will use. I'll be very happy to see new extraordinary styles with expressive colors going beyond the normal boring picture book. Be creative! I RATHER PREFER AN EXPERIMENTAL, CREATIVE, NAIVE SKETCHY STYLE THAN A PERFECT DRAWN THING! Keep in mind, that a baby should be able to recognize the objects and should be pleased by their appearance and color. You should use a consistent style through all the pictures. You are welcome to use digital tools like Wacom's Cintiq or other tablets through the entire production cycle.
DON'T USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL!
DON'T USE ANY OPEN SOURCE MATERIAL FROM OPEN INTERNET DATABASES FOR CHILDREN BOOKS!
DON'T ANY PHOTOS OR REALISTIC STYLE!
Every page in landscape.
Every page as picture as layered PSD, keep text/fonts always separated from pictures, so I can make text changes.
Resolution per picture/page: 3,072 x 2,304 Pixel => 395 PPI => for a approx. 10-inch (diagonal) screen
No humans in this picture, all other persons are always animals!
- Title-Text: "Croc in New York"
- Picture: feel free, a crocodile and elements of New York could be included
- Picture: "Croc (a crocodile) carrying trunks and saying goodbye/shaking hands to his friends (other crocodiles) somewhere in Africa."
- Text (below subject or wherever it fits): "Croc is leaving his home Brasil to relocate to New York. He is saying goodbye to his friends."
- Picture Croc is sitting in a plane on a middle seat. Next to him (right and left) are other animals also traveling to New York. Animal choice is yours. Croc is holding a tomato juice in his hand.
- Text: "This Croc's first time that he rides a plane. He's drinking a tomato juice."
- Picture: Croc is sitting in a bus leaving the New York Airport. Bus and Croc should be the main subject and maybe a plane in the background. Some the animals in the bus.
- Text: "Croc arrived after a long journey in New York. He's taking the bus to the city."
- Picture: Croc eating a hot dog standing in the streets having still his trunks with him. Your call what to put in this picture, cars, shops, a hot-dog stand
- Text: "Croc is enjoying a tasty hot dog."
- Picture: Croc is looking for the perfect apartment. His is looking around in a very crappy, small low-level apartment. A estate agent is showing him that place. That estate agent is a fox.
- Text: "Croc is looking for accommodation. An estate agent is showing him a cheap place."
- Picture: Croc is now with the estate agent in a high-end empty penthouse with large rooms, large windows and a large terrace. Croc looks a little sad because of the expensive rent.
. Text: "The estate agent shows Croc his jewel: a huge penthouse. But it's to expensive for Croc.
- Picture: Croc is visiting a crowded shared apartment with three students (three animals, your choice)
- Text: "Croc found a cute little shared apartment with three students. They like Croc, he found his new home!
- Picture: Croc is having a bath in the student apartment's bathtub and is happy. The bathtub is full of beer bottles from last night's party.
- Text: Croc is relaxing and having a bath. It's a little like the river in his home town in Brazil. The bathtub is full of beer bottles from last night's party.
- Your call, feel free!
BTW, subsequent orders possible.
Who Is Your Audience?
Parents reading to their babies, 3 to 6 months old.
We Like These Examples
No examples, be creative and surprise me!
We Absolutely Must Have
Be creative! I RATHER PREFER AN EXPERIMENTAL, CREATIVE, NAIVE SKETCHY STYLE THAN A PERFECT DRAWN THING!
No Files Added