LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We're developing an iPhone app that needs three amazing graphics. If your work is chosen, you will be credited with a link on our app website.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
The graphics are 1) a disk, 2) a pointer needle that traverses the disk, and 3) the app's icon.
1) Disk: The disk must be perfectly circular, and show two scenes - a sunny-day scene in the top half, and a clear-sky night scene in the bottom half. The two scenes should fade evenly into one another, and evoke feelings of hope.
Keep in mind that this disk will be stationary in the app - it will not rotate - so keep your scene elements oriented so they can be appreciated without being rotated.
The disk should have a tiny black cross at its exact center, to help the developer "attach" the needle to its pivot point.
2) Needle: The pointer needle must contrast with the disk so that it is easy to read no matter where it appears on the disk.
The needle should also have a 3D appearance so that it seems to have a small amount of depth to it.
The needle should be capped with a pointy end (perhaps triangular, or a stylized heart shape) in proportion to the rest of the needle.
The needle may have cutouts or transparencies if you desire.
3) Icon: The app's icon must EITHER:
- show a stylized version of the disk and needle (ideally with the needle pointing up and off towards the right, at an angle somewhere between 22 and 68 degrees), OR,
- contain the letters "SO" or "So" (like the icons for WriteRoom, Dictionary.com, Google, Facebook, and Linkedin).
Either way, the icon must have a 3D look, which you can create however you feel looks best. Some good examples of 3D-looking icons are: Dragon Dictation, WriteRoom, Google, Linkedin, Compass, and Urbanspoon.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
The graphics need to appeal strongly to a broad audience: artists, productivity professionals, fitness trainers, scientists specializing in circadian rhythms, filmmakers, naturalists, holistic healers, geeks, project managers, health enthusiasts, athletes, and people affected by or studying seasonal affective disorder (SAD), jet lag, or Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS).
If a person cares about sunlight and getting things done, we want them to buy this app :)
WE LIKE THESE EXAMPLES:
We love the rich color palettes used in:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR PIECE:
Format and dimensions:
- All graphics must be delivered in .png format.
- Disk: between 250 and 290 pixels across.
- Needle: long enough to "stick out from" the disk by 10 pixels. MUST be a separate .png from the disk.
- Icon: exactly 57x57 pixels.
No Files Added