LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We're a browser-based virtual world company that provides social, interactive 3D experiences. People come to our destination through AIM, Facebook or elsewhere, and hangout and chat with each other, in addition to expressing themselves through their avatars, their scenes, and through their interactions with others.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We are creating a simple gifting-invitation interface for our experience. Users can send virtual gifts to their friends via this interface. The friend receives an email notification about the gift, which compels them to check out the service. So we need 1) a visual design for the invitation widget, and 2) a visual design for the email.
It behaves similarly to any invitation service that is part of typical Facebook applications and social networks.
Specifications are attached in the details below.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
16-28 year old audience, with a female bias. Slightly sophisticated and trendy, but not bubble gum pop. Think Gossip Girl meets MTV. Little bit of a fashion and entertainment bias.
It's OK to make the design feel more feminine, but not so girl as to turn off potential male users.
Will only be accessed by PC users on IE/Firefox
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
- PopSugar (clean, elegant design, light and airy)
- Zynga's Poker and Gifting Invitation (add the zynga poker app on Facebook).
- Mint.com (light color scheme, easy to see where to go. like the headline font)
- vSide.com (kind of cool in terms of clubby/trendy, but too heavy and dark on colors)
- LuckyMag.com (again, light and airy, nice color palette. not too feminine)
- OSoYou.com (darker design, but good emphasis on fashion and aspiration)
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
1) Simple and clean design. Needs to be very clear what to do.
2) Some sophistication in visual. This may be the first thing people see when they log in. They need to understand what to do with clear calls to action, but they also need to think it's cool. We recommend using cutouts of our avatars to help spice it up.
3) Note: The attached mockup is only for reference. Don't consider it a blueprint. We're hoping you can make it much better and cleaner.
4) You're welcome to change the text and copy on the Invitation widget. We prefer that you use similar copy on the Email.
5) Try to keep a color palette that is related to our overall site: www.vivaty.com
No Files Added