When a design project closes, the client will have 7 days to pick the winner(s) or select up to 5 finalists for the Finalist Round. Any project that was previously not Assured by the client becomes Assured when the Finalist Round starts. This means the award(s) must be given to one (or more) of the finalists.
How long is the Finalist Round?
The Finalist Round gives the client an extra 3 days to work exclusively with their favorite designers. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be able to tweak any existing designs or submit new design concepts during the Finalist Round. There is no limit to the number of tweaks or new designs you can submit. And, the client will have the opportunity to provide feedback and score, just as they've been doing throughout the project.
If you and the client need more than 3 days in the Finalist Round, the client will be able to extend the Finalist Round by an additional 2 days and if they feel they need a bit more time, they can contact our support team and we can extend for an additional short period.
Are there opportunities for non-finalists to sell their work to the client?
Anyone who is not selected as a finalist is not eligible to participate in the Finalist Round and cannot win the project award(s). However, after the project is awarded, the client can still make offers on any designs submitted to the project, including designs submitted by non-finalists. Clients make many offers for non-winning designs, so there will be many opportunities for non-finalists.
Are all finalists in the Finalist Round paid?
Yes! This is one of the important changes we're introducing with the Finalist Round. When we launched Elite projects a few years ago, we promised that we would continue to look for opportunities to let more creatives earn money on crowdspring.
At the conclusion of the Finalist Round, the winner will receive 80% of the award and all finalists (including the winner), will split the remaining 20%. If there are multiple awards in your project, each winner will receive 80% of their award and all finalists (including the winners) will split the remaining 20% of each award.
When are finalists in the Finalist Round paid?
Each finalist will be able to request a payout after all wrap-ups in the project are finished. Wrap-ups are typically finished within 7 days in most projects.
Can the client add or remove finalists during the Finalist Round?
No. After the Finalist Round starts, the client will not be able to add or remove finalists. And, unless we determine that you violate our rules, once you are picked for the Finalist Round in a project, you are guaranteed to be paid.
What happens after the Finalist Round ends?
When the Finalist Round ends, the client will have up to 7 days to select the winner.
Does selection for the Finalist Round affect your reputation?
Yes! Our reputation algorithm is complex and looks at dozens of different criteria - all focused on quality. We adjusted the reputation algorithm to reflect a creative's selection as a finalist.
Is a Finalist Round available in all project sub-categories and types?
No. There is no Finalist Round in Elite packages as those already have 5 participants. There's also no Finalist Round in naming or tagline projects, or in 1-to-1 projects. But, a Finalist Round is an option for clients in all Silver, Gold, and Platinum design projects.