Crowdspring launched new and improved creative profiles and portfolios in March 2021.
These new features and updates were designed to help you better promote your skills and earn more money.
- Completely redesigned creative profiles so clients can get to know what makes you and your designs unique.
- Completely redesigned creative portfolios so you can showcase your best work and attract clients.
- Client testimonials (you decide what testimonials to publish) to show off your success when you win projects.
- You can set your availability for 1-to-1 projects.
- New badges on your Profile and portfolio that show off your accomplishments on crowdspring
- - Blue badge once you’re account has been verified.
- - Green badge showing your wins (starting when you get your first 10 Wins and then at every 25 wins after that).
- - Silver or gold badge for wrap-up scores (silver for overall client wrap-up ratings of 4-4.49, and gold for client ratings of 4.5-5 stars).
- - Platinum or elite badge (for creatives who have earned platinum or elite status)
Once these changes go live, all creatives (design and naming) will access and use these features.
What do I have to do?
We’re going to require every creative with a reputation of 75+ to meet specific criteria for participation. Once we launch these changes, we’ll give you 45 days to improve your profiles and portfolios. The more variety you include in a portfolio, the more likely a client will choose to work with you.
You can meet ALL these requirements by submitting at least 12 portfolio items. You can share your work from crowdspring projects that don’t have NDAs or private galleries or upload work you created elsewhere.
Here’s what will be required (these are minimums) after the 45 days:
- If your reputation is 90 to 100, you will need at least 12 portfolio items to participate in Elite projects.
- If your reputation is 80 to 89.99, you will need at least 9 portfolio items to participate in Platinum projects.
- If your reputation is 75 to 79.99, you will need at least 6 portfolio items to participate in Silver and Gold projects.
- All creatives must have a completed portfolio with at least 6 portfolio items (per the requirements above) to participate in 1-to-1 projects.
- You will have 45 days to update your portfolio after the launch of the new features. If you don’t update your portfolio within 45 days, you’ll lose the ability to participate in new projects until you update your portfolio.
How can I benefit the most from the new features?
It’s easy to create a competitive portfolio and profile that pays off in a big way. Follow these best practices to create a professional and competitive profile and portfolio to find more clients and win more projects.
- Place the 3 designs (or names) you would like to represent you in creative explore in the first 3 slots of your portfolio.
Clients can browse creatives in creative explore, and we showcase your best three portfolio items there. If your best work appears in explore, clients will be more likely to look at your portfolio and hire you.
- Include 12 design samples.
This will allow clients to get to know your design style and talent!
- Include 3 design samples from each design subcategory in which you specialize.
This will increase your chances of being chosen for 1-to-1 projects in those subcategories.
- Present your designs in a consistent visual style or layout.
This looks good and helps clients remember you and your style.
- Write an awesome description in the “About” section of your profile.
This is your opportunity to help clients understand why you’re the best creative for them.
How can I set myself Active or Inactive to accept 1-to-1 invitations?
Once your profile is completed, you will have the option to accept 1-to-1 projects or to pause your participation in them. You will see this option on the left-hand side of your profile. Click the blue drop-down arrow of “Available for 1-to-1?” to select the appropriate response.
There are no limits to how often you can change your availability settings on your profile.
How do I write a good “About” section?
A well-written “About” section will help clients get to know you and persuade them to hire you for 1-to1 Projects. Follow these recommendations to write a great “About” section for your Creative Profile.
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Write in English.
- Mention how long you’ve been a designer or namer.
- Discuss your experience in the subcategories you prefer to work in.
- Share your design or naming philosophy.
- Describe your design/naming approach and how you prefer to work with clients.
- Invite clients to contact you for a 1-to-1 project.
- Mention other crowdsourcing platforms where you work.
- Speak negatively about other creatives or crowdspring.
- Include personal contact info - use the “Connect” feature instead.
- Use poor grammar. (Grammarly can help - and it’s free!)
Here are some examples of strong “About” sections that you can use for inspiration.
(Please edit the following examples if you choose to use them to create your own “About” section for your profile.)
I’m a branding specialist and accomplished graphic designer based in New York. I’ve been designing logos, stationery, and social media graphics for 8 years. I work with established brands and new startups and believe that design can help people connect and businesses grow. I enjoy collaborating with clients to develop the best designs for their brand - after all, you know your brand best. I’d love to help you. If you like my work, consider starting a 1-to-1 project with me!
I’m a freelance designer and illustrator working in Malaysia. During my 12+ years of experience, I've taken on many projects with creativity, originality, and attention to detail. My specialties include custom illustrations and wall art, as well as print design. I bring a bold and playful approach in my work. If you have an illustration or design project and want to collaborate, I’d love to work with you on a 1-to-1 project.
I’m a freelance namer working in London. For the past 6 years, I’ve been helping entrepreneurs and business owners around the world name their new businesses and products. My names range from descriptive to abstract, from playful to professional. I fine tune each name to your requirements, and the industry in which you compete. If you have a naming project and you're interested in working together 1-to-1, please consider working with me.