The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
LIA for Health (learning, informing, advocating)
What do you do?
We are an interdisciplinary health organization of young professionals. Our NGO tries to learn from each other about health issues, to inform others about important health topics and to advocate for change.
We are built of small local groups of around 15-20 people who meet each other every week or two. In these meetings we try to learn from each other and to plan our projects and activities.
Our activities are very diverse, e.g. public lectures about important issues, writing newspaper articles, organizing conferences.
So ... we are an enthusiastic group of young health professionals which wants to make a difference by thinking and acting differently!
Do you have a desired website screen size?
1024 x 768
How many pages (maximum of 4) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your website design
1) Everybody who is interested in public health and health care issues (to inform them)
2) Potential new members of LIA for Health (to recruit them)
3) Potential or current partner organizations and financial sponsors (to make a good impression)
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1) We are an interdisciplinary group
2) We focus not just on health care and medicine but also on health promotion and public health (health rather than disease, populations rather than individuals)
3) We are enthusiastic, innovative and open-minded
How is your company different from your competitors?
We are built of local groups of enthusiastic people which meet each other regularly, we are flexible and motivated to think and act differently
Therefore, we are not just a formal organisation of representatives which exist just on paper
What website design styles do you like?
Simple and easy to navigate
If you would like to include pictures or symbols, please be aware that we are not just about medical doctors and hospitals, but also about health promotion and population health
One symbol which might fit us is the "round table" which you can also see in our logo, it symbolises the discussions we have during our local meetings!
But, feel free to experiment!! :-)
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
Fitting to the colour of our logo, but please feel free to experiment
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
Not fitting to the logo
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Simple and clear; positive and likeable
What content must be included in the website design?
As we are a NGO in Austria which is built of local groups in different cities, we would need:
1) one page for www.liaforhealth.at (our national website, which should describe what LIA for Health is all about, which should provide information for potential new members or partners; it should be more general)
2) one page for www.liaforhealth.at/graz (it should be the starting page for the group in one city, Graz)
3) one example-subpage for www.lifaforhealth.at/graz (it should be one of the subpages for the group in Graz, the different subpages should contain the information about the local group, e.g. introducing the team members, description of past and future projects etc.)
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
Feel free to be creative and to experiment! We would be more than happy to receive your proposal, we can't await to have a website for our innovative NGO which lasts for a long time!! :-)
- 26-Feb-13 4:22 p.m. GMT
- Dear Creatives!
Thank you a lot for all you entries so far! We are amazed by your skills and the high quality of your work, and we are thankful for the high motivation and efforts you offer our young organization!
As there is not much time left, I will try to give you some general feedback by our group:
1) What we like is that most pages are simple, creative and have a good structure. So visitors will not get lost.
2) Some look more "business-like" than like a "health" organization. We are really about "health" and we believe we are also fresh, enthustiastic, young, idealistic, informal, interdisciplinary, interactive etc. So if you decide to use pictures we would suggest you to look either for pictures which represent "healthy normal people" (rather than hospitals or medical doctors) or for pictures which represent a type of group like us (enthusiastic, interactive etc.). Not easy, I know... :-P
3) Putting a focus on "learning, informing, advocating" is also a great option, as these three are important for us. Some of you also used symbols which represent these three goals, which we also liked a lot.
4) If you decide to use a picture of a "table" which is kind of our organizational symbol, one good idea was to us a table as a "sub-pages menu". Might not be easy to make it work, but it could be great maybe.
5) Please put a bit more emphasis on our logo, as this is an important part of our corporate identity. Don't make it too small, and maybe you have a creative idea of how to use our logo in a completely different way.
Also the colour of our logo is important for us as it is also part of our corporate identity, using it as the main colour of the website might not be a bad idea.
6) Please use landscape format rather than upright format as some of you did. But that is not too important at the moment, as this could be changed easily in the end.
We are looking forward to your next proposals a lot!! You already had some great ideas, we can't await what is coming next...!! :-)
- 2-Mar-13 10:53 a.m. GMT
- Dear creatives!
First of all, thank you so much for all your great entries and for the amazing efforts you put into it! We are simply amazed...! :-)
As our group will have a meeting next Tuesday where we will discuss all entries, we decided to extend the deadline for a week. This way we will be able to give you general feedback and suggestions, and you will have some days to react to it!
We are looking forward to your next proposals and can't await having a homepage!!
Best wishes, Florian
- 7-Mar-13 3:45 p.m. GMT
- Dear creatives!
Just 32 hours left...! :-) Our group had a meeting and of course we would be more than happy to receive more entries. What do we like so far? Simple websites which don't look too business-like, which focus also on learning/informing/advocating, especially with using symbols, sites which are clean and which are not too packed with text or other things, sites which make it easy to see and feel that we are an organization of young and informal people which want to change something. If you have a final idea ... go for it!!! :-) Good luck, we can't await choosing our website! :-)
- 20-Mar-13 3:04 p.m. GMT
- Dear creatives!
We are amazed by all the entries but need some more time to decide. It might take a few more weeks as we want to make a proper decision, but we will let you know as soon as we decided!
Thanks for understanding,