For $400 they received 70 design concepts from 13 designers!
Starts:7-Nov-13 6:29 a.m. GMT
Ends:20-Nov-13 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $400, was awarded to digital...
JPG, Vector EPS
Preview: crowdSPRING Contract
or you can download one by one below:
File 1: BannerXpress_Kiosk_Sch... (1.1 MB)
Uploaded on 6-Nov-13 4:27 a.m. GMT
File 2: kiosk6photo.JPG (2.3 MB)
Uploaded on 7-Nov-13 4:04 a.m. GMT
File 3: BannerXpress_Kiosk_Sch... (297.5 KB)
Uploaded on 11-Nov-13 3:33 p.m. GMT
File 4: BannerXpress_Kiosk_Sch... (1.1 MB)
Uploaded on 11-Nov-13 3:34 p.m. GMT
We are the world's first automated banner-printing kiosk. Featured on CNN and in the New York Times, our self-service kiosk allows customers to design and print custom canvas banners in just minutes right from the kiosk. We are in the process of rolling out the BannerXpress kiosks to airports, malls, and retailers across the globe. See the CNN video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLyhmPE3bs
Print design is for the face of the kiosk.
Size specifications are provided in a schematic of the kiosk. The design prioritizes the WHITE SPACE on the front-facing portion of the kiosk across two panels: top recessed panel (graphic A) and the lower protruding panel (graphic B).
The kiosk is entirely red. A few photos of the actual kiosk have been provided as an additional reference.
There are two design approaches:
1. Large singular decals (PREFERRED)- the final design would ideally be presented as a full frame design utilizing the entire available design space (graphics A/B). From an execution standpoint, these would be printed on large adhesive-backed vinyl and placed in the proper areas. This gives us the most versatility.
2. Set of applied graphics - the final design can also be presented as a set of (die-cut) decals (text/shapes/imagery) in specific areas of the kiosk across the two panels. This utilizes the natural red color as the background and is how the kiosk is currently done up.
3. Broader wrap - while we have limited design requirements to the white space in the schematic for simplcity, we are open to accepting artwork that more broadly wraps across the front face of the kiosk, outside of the white space.
Publishing and Media
The target audience is customers walking by our kiosks which are located in malls and retail stores such as Staples and Walmart. We would like to appeal to folks who may want to print a banner for any of the following occasions: special events (birthdays/holidays/anniversaries/graduations), sporting events, small business signage, etc.
1. Value proposition – custom banners on demand
2. Instructional guidance – design, pay, print, ready in minutes
3. Selling points – upload an image/photo, quality (real canvas/waterproof), price (starting at just $4.99)
To understand this prioritization it’s helpful to understand what makes BannerXpress unique and the challenges we face in communicating with customers.
Generating impulse purchases
BannerXpress is positioned as the Hallmark store of banners. We offer customers the opportunity to create a custom greeting banner instantly. As consumers, we buy greeting cards for all kinds of occasions (birthdays, holidays, personal inspiration). Since we are not yet established as a destination, one communication challenge is to tap into these various occasions and generate impulsive purchases based on the uniqueness of the format (banner) and the ingenuity of the purchase (from a kiosk).
Explaining this new concept is the next challenge. Few people have ever heard of a banner kiosk let alone seen one. We need to instantly communicate that the machine delivers Custom [Greeting] Banners on Demand. They can Design their custom banner here, pay for it using a credit card and print it right on the spot.
Aside from the general value proposition there are a number of key selling points that can help close the sale.
- price. The cost of our banners is at least half the price of what you would pay at a Kinkos or traditional print/sign shop.
- quality. Our banners are printed on real canvas material that is waterproof and tear resistant.
- upload a photo. Easily the coolest feature of the BannerXpress kiosk is the ability to upload a photo right from your phone. Simply email the photo to email@example.com and you'll receive a confirmation code that you can enter on the screen and add the picture to your banner.
Nothing specified. We don't think the current graphics on our kiosk are bold or effective.
The kiosk is red so the colors should be complementary. Traditional colors used are red, black and white.
Anything that doesn't contrast well with Red.
Bold, clear, eye-catching, modern, professional, friendly
the print design will be applied to the physical kiosk unit and serve as point-of-purchase signage/marketing to potential customers passing by.
- Custom Banners on Demand
- Upload a photo
- Real canvas (tear resistant/waterproof)
- price (starts at just 4.99)
- banner visual