Starts: 30-Aug-13 4:03 a.m. GMT
Ends: 20-Sep-13 11:18 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $450, was awarded to JaCk
This project is private.
You must be approved to view or participate in this project. Since this project has closed, no more requests will be accepted.
If you already participated, please log in to check the project status.
J. Lee Roy's is a 30 year, local family owned and award winning, California based barbeque sauce and seasonings company. We are seeking to refresh our packaging label design for better shelf presence and brand recognition. This is an evolutionary design project and should lead to increased impact at shelf, leading sales lifts.
- Update 5-Sep-13 GMT
- Hello Creatives,
We are happy that you are participating in our label redesign. It might be helpful to know how we will be scoring your submissions. The following are our Success Criteria for this project:
Success Criteria (Design Evaluation)
Overall Visibility at shelf (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Brand Logo Lockup (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
SKU Variety Recognition (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Evolution – Current Consumer Recognition (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
All Natural Treatment (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Award Winning Treatment (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Romance Copy (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Thematic Looks and Feel (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5)
Average Score = __________
The following are general feedback points that will help in design development:
- Please use the design footprint of 3.25 inches by 9.0 inches (The dye cut designs are really interesting, so feel free to submit those, but we are not planning to do a dye cut label at this time.)
- Copy Clarifications
(1) Please note that Barbeque Dippin' Sauce is the segment descriptor for each flavor variety, except Seafood Sauce... i.e. please delete "Bake" and "Buffet Dip" from the label
(2) The communication hierarchy is the Brand "J. Lee Roy's", then Segment "Barbeque Dippin' Sauce", then Flavor Variety "Original", then Award Winning Treatment "Best in the West", All Natural Claim and Romance copy are up for grabs, i.e. read the brief and feel free to get creative.
We are looking forward to your creativity!
- Update 5-Sep-13 GMT
- ATTENTION: We have received distribution at one of the largest grocery store chains in California and are seeking a label redesign to be prominently displayed. In other words, this project should be a great addition to any portfolio!
- Update 13-Sep-13 GMT
- Hello Designers!
Please Read and Apply to Your Design Submissions as All Designs Must Have the Following to be Considered:
(1) The Nutritional Facts Box (Located on either the Right or Left Edge of the Label, with a Little Border Before the Edge)
(2) The Ingredient Statement (Preferably under the Nutritional Facts Box)
(3) The Net Weight Statement "Net Wt. 23 oz. (1lb. 7oz.)" (Located in the Bottom/Center of the Front Panel)
(4) The UPC Bar Code (Located on either Right or Left Back Panel)
(5) The Manufacturer Information "Manufactured for, (new line) J. Lee Roy's * 1-800-358-8828, (new line) Oroville, CA 95966, (new line) www.jleeroys.com (Preferably Located Above the UPC Bar Code)
(6) "Refrigerate After Opening" Statement (Located on the Back Right or Left Panel)
If You Are Using the Current Label as a Sample Please Note the Following Changes:
(a) The Communication Hierarchy Has Changed to: (1) J. Lee Roy's Logo Lockup, (2) Barbeque Dippin' Sauce, (3) Flavor Variety, (4-6) Reference the Brief
(b) We Are No Longer Using "Bake * Buffet Dip" on the Label
Enjoy the creative process!!!
*Note all information above is in the Creative Brief. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.
- Update 20-Sep-13 GMT
- Dippin' Sauce Creatives,
Thank you for an amazingly creative project.
We really appreciate all your efforts! You are a talented group and presented work that reflects this.
We will be selecting the design winner and would expect the announcement to become public next week.
Again, we appreciate your efforts!
J. Lee Roy's
- Update 25-Sep-13 GMT
- The buyer has uploaded a new file in this project. You can download that file in the DETAILS tab.