Starts:29-Oct-08 9:38 p.m. GMT
Ends:5-Nov-08 9:38 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $300, was awarded to sonia
Award 2: $250, was awarded to chiz
File 1: 320580_Healthy Pantry ...
Uploaded on 30-Oct-08 8 p.m. GMT
File 2: 320581_Healthy Pantry ...
Uploaded on 30-Oct-08 8 p.m. GMT
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
Better Living through Healthier Eating
We believe people will eat healthier if they have a little support and a lot of ideas: tasty ingredients that are easy to use, and recipes that the entire family will enjoy. We also believe that healthier eating leads to better living—giving us more energy for our kids, our spouses, and ourselves. That’s why we’re starting a nutritious revolution, and we need your help!
We offer unique, nutritious, whole-food ingredients that can easily be added to or replace something in our favorite recipes. Since most of us aren’t getting the nutrients we need, one way to look at our products is “Culinary Supplements”— and you enjoy ours on a plate, not in a pill.
Our web site is http://www.thehealthypantry.com
A simple logo that inspires confidence and communicates an essence of what we do or how we do it.
Women, age 30-49, with children, who are looking for healthier and convenient meals and ingredients.
Simplicity of logo from: www.leviv.com
Familiarity of of Oprah magazine's logo: http://www.oprah.com/magazine/omagazine
Sensibility of logo from Women's Health Magazine: www.womenshealthmag.com
- 30-Oct-08 8:02 a.m. GMT
- The logo we currently have at http://www.thehealthypantry.com captures the essence of what we're doing (providing better food choices for the pantry), is a strong image, and uses subtle graphical cues in the black and white checkerboard (for example) that say 'chef'. We want to say 'wellness chef'. More natural earth-tone colors and a simple style are what I'm looking for.
Also, we're selling to a mid-high demographic. The Whole Foods shopper.
- 30-Oct-08 4:46 p.m. GMT
- One of the challenges with our food items is that they're pantry-specific, so we offer fruits and veggies but in dried forms which aren't often associated with 'healthy' icons. Sorry I can't be more specific about what those 'icons' might be-- people have responded well to chef-inspired checkered pattern, to wellness and lifestyle icons, and to images that reflect what they get from our foods- they feel better, they live longer, they give people more energy and more time to enjoy the things they like most.
- 30-Oct-08 7:40 p.m. GMT
- Showing fruits and veggies may work but is less preferred since we sell dried fruits and veggies and even powders made from them, and they aren't the prettiest. Whole grains, soy-based proteins, nuts like almonds, sea salt, honey... those are examples of products we're selling.
The main emphasis for our company is selling "meal kits"- basically taking all of these healthy ingredients and packaging them up into a dinner someone can make in 10 minutes. See http://www.thehealthypantry.com/meals for examples. Thus, while we can feature ingredients from which our meals are made we could also consider finding a way to demonstrate graphically the meal itself.
- 30-Oct-08 7:58 p.m. GMT
- Feeling from image should evoke "natural", "simple", "easy", "healthy"...
- 30-Oct-08 8:02 p.m. GMT
- Existing logo files we've been using are now added to Project Materials so they're in one place for everyone. Many of our customers have liked the "pantry man" version, but some haven't and he was just a placeholder... I personally wouldn't mind seeing an update of him if someone wants to try that direction too.
- 1-Nov-08 2:59 a.m. GMT
- If it helps spur new ideas, another direction here would be to focus more on one of our product lines-- the meal kits we offer. I hate to describe it this way, but there are like "hamburger helper" except much healthier, natural versions and without the hamburger. So we sell kits to make salmon patties with everything but the eggs, or kits to make an awesome healthy pasta with meatless (soy) sauce that includes everything- cans of tomatoes, the dried veggies, and really unique whole grain pastas. These are a great and much healthier alternative to microwave dinners, and are less expensive and healthier than eating out. They're meant to be enjoyed by a family, as most of them are portioned and presented for "family style". We're trying to take the work out of healthy eating.
- 1-Nov-08 3:05 a.m. GMT
- I just spent some time browsing several other logo projects here. Some of the best logos are simple and abstract but evocative. I wonder if I'm somehow suggesting too much of a literal interpretation of what we're doing... Abstract is good if it evokes a feeling of better health and/or easy living and/or great tasting.