Starts:3-Jul-13 10:43 a.m. GMT
Ends:14-Jul-13 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $300, was awarded to Oldboy
JPG, Vector EPS
File 1: Razor_Runners_-_Logo_D...
Uploaded on 3-Jul-13 10:33 a.m. GMT
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
(VERY IMPORTANT: Please see full design brief in attached PDF)
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
None - please be creative as you wish with whatever inspiration you can find
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
See design brief in attached PDF
- 4-Jul-13 4:09 p.m. GMT
- Hi guys, I'm seeing an awful lot of nicely arranged fonts. Would be great to see some illustrations that really help communicate what the company does. Be creative, & good luck. Jim
- 7-Jul-13 9:19 a.m. GMT
- Dear Designers,
A collective thank you for all your submissions so far. I have left individual notes for each of you. Please feel free to communicate any issues with me, I will always try and respond.
We are generally happy with what we have seen so far. There has been some strong entries, although I'm not sure if we have seen a competition winner yet. Below are a few general comments and further pieces of information about the company: -
- THE RAZOR BLADES: many of the logos incorporate an illustration or representation of a razor blades. This is good, however many people seem to have misunderstood the type of razors we are providing. They are not traditional metal razors. Our company will supply clients with disposable razor blade heads. These will be very high quality. Similar (but not the same) as Mach 3 heads. Take a look at the internet for clarification of this. it would be nice to see some representations of these. Either the whole razor (including handle), or just the head. Please don't copy Mach 3, this is just an example of the kind of quality that we will be supplying. It doesn't have to be perfect, elaborate illustrations of these, but rather clever representations. Combined with the name, the client should be able to get some idea of what the company does.
- QUALITY-QUALITY-QUALITY: In no way whatsoever can the logo look cheap/budget. This extends to any illustrations/representations of razor. A few logos have correctly incorporated a disposable razor, but it looks like a £0.20 BIC razor (again, look this up if you don't know what I'm talking about). If you do wish to incorporate representation of a razor (or details of a razor, it must look high quality. Of course, a clever way around this is a representation of a razor (silhouette for example) that doesn't require any specific details. if you see what I mean!?!
Do ask if you are in any doubt.
- CORPORATE Vs. PLAYFUL: We have seen an awful lot of logos which looks a bit serious & corporate. It is possible that we will move ahead with something like this, but I was hoping that this process would generate some more playful logos too. It's a fun company, so let's make some fun logos.
Right folks, that's all for now. Thank you all once again for your efforts. I hope that my feedback is useful to you and that there's lot's more interesting and exciting logos to come.
Please do contact me if you have any questions.
All the best & good luck
- 12-Jul-13 5:51 p.m. GMT
- Hi Guys,
Not given too much specific guidance up to this point, as didn’t want to restrict your creative flair, but we are a little bit surprised not to see more entries that illustrate a man running with a razor. We thought this would be a pretty good way to illustrate the function of the business.
Not to say that other logos won’t be considered, but if you haven’t done something like this yet, & had the inclination & time, it would be viewed favourably.
Thanks for all the entries. Less than two days to go now, so please don’t miss the deadline for any final flashes of inspiration. We're still looking for a winner....
- 13-Jul-13 10:49 p.m. GMT
- Hi Guys - I know that Sundays are a popular freelancer day, so I wanted to extend to give you the full day to get in any final submissions. Many thanks for all your hard work & I look forward to awarding a winner soon - all the best - Jim
- 22-Jul-13 8:07 a.m. GMT
- Hello folks,
We are still going through the decision making process to determine our preferred entry. The project will be awarded soon. Thank you for your patience.
- 26-Jul-13 1:50 p.m. GMT
- Hello folks - as you will see I have just awarded the project to Oldboy. Actually a design that didn't necessarily capture my attention in the beginning, but faired extremely well in our shortlisting & consumer feedback programme. I apologise that it's taken us SUCH a long time to make our decision and would like to sincerely thank you all for your time and efforts in the creative work you carried out. Until next time, all the best - Jim Denoon