Starts: 9-Apr-13 10:06 a.m. GMT
Ends: 27-Apr-13 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $650
This project is private.
You must be approved to view or participate in this project. Since this project has closed, no more requests will be accepted.
If you already participated, please log in to check the project status.
uMedia is a film studio that employs 120 core staff based in Brussels and London, and has produced 170 films to date, representing $1bn of production expenditure. Created in 2004, we encompass 5 activities: fundraising, production, VFX, international sales & distribution.
uMedia’s current logo is completely outdated and needs a total redesign. It’s too old, too nice and too corporate. We only want to keep one thing: the name uMedia.
- Update 12-Apr-13 GMT
1. strong personality but not too serious
2. acceptable by the film industry but still a little “shifted” & different
3. international scope
Logo : EMOTION & INNOVATION
• no nonsense: efficiency, clean desk, highly technological
• 1 logo and only 1 (previous business units become different services)
• strong to energise screen in 3D (dynamic, great in animation)
• triggers sense of sensuality or humour….
• seduces, is well accepted and.. is different altogether!
• joy, happiness, feel good
• authentic and pure
• bringing back the essence
• positive state of mind
• induces a smile, a feeling of well being
• passion translated in triggering pictogram next to name/wording
• pictogram : enhance communication by an additional, strong graphic element . Ex: rich, juicy, delicious.. fruit? pink strawberry in the shape of a heart? but danger of any additional pictogram : must absolutely not be linked in any way or another to an existing image in the film business.. or to any sector within in (ex: children movies); must be strong enough to live on its own very soon and still be associated to brand name spontaneously;
• pleasure in life
• avoid: cold design, 100% technicity (in the film business technology is just a
• tool to share emotion, not the end product as such)
• get rid of the corporate, financial image
• awakens positive feelings of an international audience (he film industry)
• must work in very huge applications (street banners, movie theatre screens,…)
• must work in black and white
• Ok on the concept of a dynamic (changing) colour pattern
• highly qualitative global look and feel
• Ok for mixture of different fonts
• don’t use capitals anymore, only tiny letters
• not the u nor the M of uMedia are important; but the i (internet and technicity)
• avoid green (bad luck in film world)
• red is efficient
- Update 24-Apr-13 GMT
- There is a new deadline for your logo proposals!
- Update 28-Jun-13 GMT
- Hi all,
We just wanted to let you know that the buyer in this project has not chosen a winner so we're going to close the project. Please know that we've made repeated attempts to contact them by phone and email but were unable to reach them.
To reward the loyal creatives who worked hard on this project and all the others on the site, we've taken the proceeds from this project and used them to fund our monthly cS Awards program. The cS Awards are issued every month based on varying criteria but are a simple way that we give back to the community and reward our creatives.
Thanks so much for participating and see you around the site,
The cS crew