The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
The Council Ale House
What is your industry?
Food and Beverage
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Image + text
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
WHO WE ARE:
“The Council Ale House” is a soon-to-be brewpub (craft beer brewery and pub) that serves small batch, hand crafted beer and gourmet panini sandwiches and places a heavy emphasis on community, beer education, fellowship,and conversation. It will be located in one of the oldest communities of central San Diego, CA that is becoming one of the hip spots in area.
The company name, Council, is derived from what the word means, a group of people that gather together in one place to debate, discuss, and deliberate. Our goal is to be the community hub for families, couples, and singles in the area to enjoy fine beer, food, conversation, and fellowship. We are passionate about Craft Beer and will place a heavy emphasis in the pub about the craftsmanship involved in making the beer. The brewery will be located in the center of the pub for people to watch the beer making process.
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for an eye-catching, clean, simple logo people can capture the customers interest and attention and be something they can easily identify with and remember - an instantly recognizable mark. We want people to like the logo so much that they want to wear our clothing merchandise.
We are open to any logo design and these are merely some ideas we like Bottlecraft Bottle Shop: http://bottlecraft.myshopify.com/ (round logo) and Idle Hands http://www.idlehandscraftales.com/site/.
The target market segment are individual consumers that are craft beer enthusiasts and are approximately 21-40 years old, although it extends beyond to anyone that enjoys craft beer. They are likely well educated, adventurous,and have a well developed palate. We are targeting both male and female craft beer drinkers with a special emphasis on the female drinker. This person likely drinks other established brands such as Stone, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, and Russian River.
The logo is needed for the company branding and will be used as follows:
Glassware: primarily Belgian style tulip and “Willi Becher” pint glasses
In-Store: Tap handles, website design, building signage, interior signage for posters, wall menu boards, table menus, coasters.
Packaging: Beer bottle labels, beer bottle caps, keg collars (needs to stand out from the crowd of other bottles)
Print Media: Business cards, letterhead,
Merchandise: Clothing (t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc), stickers
“The Council Ale House”
San Diego, CA
Eye-Catching, clean, simple logo
Shows quality and craftsmanship.
- 19-Apr-13 3:47 a.m. GMT
- Hey Everyone, thanks so much for all the great designs so far. I'm definitely impressed with what I'm seeing! I'm noticing a heavy use of "stars" in many of the designs. I'd prefer to not see stars going forward. Thanks!
- 19-Apr-13 7:57 p.m. GMT
- Hey Everyone, thanks again for all the design submissions thus far. I can see continued improvement each day! Keep up the good work!
A couple items:
1. I'm noticing a heavy use of glassware in the designs. As long as it is a tulip style glass (and especially not a beer mug), then I'm ok with it. We won't be using a classic beer mug at all in the pub so I don't really want to associate that image with our brand. We'll be using tulips and will becher glasses.
2. I would really like to see a design that has a distinguishing mark, that isn't glassware, mash paddles, or barley. That could be an image or some use of the letter "C". Here are some examples - I don't want it to look like these, I'm just trying to convey my intent. Thanks!!!
EXAMPLES: Here are some companies that have an instantly recognizable mark.
Green Flash Brewing Co. http://www.greenflashbrew.com/ - this is somewhat easy considering green flash is a natural phenomenon.
Iron Fist: http://ironfistbrewing.com/
New Belgium: http://www.newbelgium.com/home.aspx
Nike: the swoosh! http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/
3. If there is information that you need from me that would help guide your design process, please reach out to me to ask questions. Thanks!
- 20-Apr-13 3:47 a.m. GMT
- Just to give everyone an idea of the type area we'll be going into that may help guide your thoughts... Here's a link to the business association for South Park (we'll be there or in the immediately surrounding area). http://southparkscene.com/
- 20-Apr-13 6:16 p.m. GMT
- I've been giving the overall concept a lot of thought, taking into account the designs that have been entered so far. I hope that this will help continue to guide you.
I like the modern interpretation of the retro theme that some of the designs have.
What is missing is personality. We're pub where people can discuss, deliberate, debate, fellowship, conversation, encouragement - in a word, People. Logos in the beer world are lacking that personality which is what we can accomplish through this logo. In this social media age, people want to connect more, share more, stay local, be local.
Here's an example of a pub that captures much of this in their logo: Blind Lady Ale House http://blindlady.blogspot.com/ - it is able to capture the connection with people, relaxed feel, and local
Perhaps continued use of the tulip glass, but maybe incorporate a person, someone that is unique, but without a lot of detail in the face; continue to keep it simple.
- 24-Apr-13 2:37 p.m. GMT
- I am extending the deadline by 3 days so that I can properly review all the designs that have come in recently and give everyone a fair shake. Thanks for all your good work thus far!