Starts:24-Feb-13 2:47 a.m. GMT
Ends:8-Mar-13 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $235, was awarded to easypeasy
JPG, Vector EPS
There are no materials for this project.
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Belt of Truth Ministries
What is your industry?
Publishing and Media
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1. The name...
2. Avoid the appearance of anything that could be interpreted as extreme or fanatical.
3. We're Bible-based, Christian
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Image and text, I think. Definitely text, because the logo needs to say Belt of Truth Ministries.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
Belt of Truth Ministries is a Christian ministry. Presently we're doing seminars and putting out dvds on the subject of media/entertainment. www.mediaonthebrain.net. We're planning to expand into other topics such as parenting and a re-telling of Bible and church history (www.beltoftruthministries.com - not a very good website, so don't take your cues from it). The phrase "belt of truth" is from Ephesians 6:14 and was part of the ancient roman armor; it was the piece that held everything together. It's an analogy for how truth binds all of the various spiritual tools together as we face the various battles of life.
- 24-Feb-13 2:57 a.m. GMT
- Heading to bed 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (USA), Saturday evening. Will be here by 7:00 AM Sunday to answer any questions or give feedback on any designs. Looking forward to working with you all! Had a very positive experience on here my first time around, and was ranked excellent to work with.
- 24-Feb-13 11:36 a.m. GMT
- Just realized that the color scheme on this should not clash with the color scheme on the Media on the Brain material. It doesn't need to match / be the same color scheme, but avoid the worst clashing colors.
- 24-Feb-13 12:37 p.m. GMT
- Learning things as we go along here. Realizing that I'd like the words belt and truth to be both emphasized. So having the word belt as most prominent would be something to try to avoid.
- 26-Feb-13 6:05 p.m. GMT
- Hoping to avoid a few things, because of much of my audience:
-Anything that could be construed to look like a 6 or an eye
-Rising/setting sun (reminds people of Obama)
-Crescent moon-looking things (people will accuse me of being in a Muslim conspiracy)
Thanks for your hard work, keep it up!
- 26-Feb-13 6:33 p.m. GMT
- I'm interested in taking a look at some more logo concepts with a subtle belt theme. And too much cross/Bible imagery might be too predictable. Not ruling it out at all. Just don't feel like there has to be a cross. Our Christian denomination doesn't actually use cross imagery very much like Orthodox, Catholic, and many Protestant groups.
- 27-Feb-13 8:11 p.m. GMT
- I'm not personally big on the ancient roman belt look. My focus group may disagree, so feel free to submit those, but I'm not leaning in that direction.
- 28-Feb-13 8:03 p.m. GMT
- It will help if there is imagery that can be used by itself sometimes without the name. Like in the bottom corner of the screen on our powerpoint presentations.
- 1-Mar-13 8:37 p.m. GMT
- Thanks to those who have entered logos already. I'd like to see more options from those who entered and give a chance to those who haven't.
- 6-Mar-13 3:43 p.m. GMT
- Make sure if you're trying a belt concept as an image, that it doesn't resemble a ring. I'm very interested in belt concepts.