Starts:12-Feb-13 5:45 p.m. GMT
Ends:25-Feb-13 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $250, was awarded to fullhouse
JPG, Vector EPS
There are no materials for this project.
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
hobbydb (we are open on using capitals)
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
The site will have 3 main features:
1. Allowing hobbyists to research what is out there
2. The ability to manage one's collection
3. Buy and sell items from one's collection
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Probably not just text, otherwise open minded
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
- Our site is clean and modern, more apple than eBay, more IMDb than youtube.
- Ratio: From Square to Landscape 1:3, no portrait
- The site has a dark background and ues Orange: #f79223 and Blue: #0088c as our highlight colours
- We are close to launch, have used this service before (and liked it), are open-minded and keen to see your results!
- 15-Feb-13 4:53 p.m. GMT
- A couple of things we'd like designers to take into consideration:
1. There should be some visual separation between "Hobby" and "DB" whether that's making the letters different colours, spacing, separation by logo or any other method.
2. Unless done in a bold, unusual way, we think it better not to use an image of an item that represents one particular facet of collecting - like an aeroplane or car - as this might serve to make collectors who don't have an interest in that particular area of collecting think that the site is not for those with their interests. Again, if something were used in a bold, abstract way that overcame this, however, we might be able to consider it.
3. We give extra points for boldness, creativity and thinking outside the box (the box in this case being a logo image followed by the words "HobbyDB" which is the format many entries seem to adhere to)
- 18-Feb-13 11:13 a.m. GMT
- Hi everybody, we very much appreciate all the submissions we've had so far - as a general comment, though, we think that the main issue is that they seem a little anodyne; we'd like something bold (yet clear). (We know that's a tall order but hope someone can rise to the challenge!) Thanks again!
- 18-Feb-13 6:28 p.m. GMT
- We feel that we are not there yet and wanted to make sure that everybody had enough time to bring in her/his ideas