Starts:28-Nov-12 7:37 p.m. GMT
Ends:12-Dec-12 11:59 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $200, was awarded to widya
Vector EPS, PNG
File 1: oldlogo.png
Uploaded on 29-Nov-12 6:13 a.m. GMT
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
"FL" (my initials), but I'm not bound to the presence of text (I'd actually prefer an image without any text).
What is your industry?
Software and InfoTech
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
Logo must be simple and easy to recognize
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Image only or image+text
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
I've been working as a freelance for over 10 years and I'd like to replace the current "logo" (made from my initials "FL") with an easily recognizable image.
Two possible completely unrelated themes: IT (computer, web, etc) or gecko (gecko's silhouette, print, etc).
Logo must not be too graphically complex, preferably 1:1 aspect ratio, must degrade gracefully when used small or quite big or printed in b&w (it will be used in web content as well as in printed material like invoices).
- 29-Nov-12 6:13 a.m. GMT
- The buyer has uploaded a new file in this project. You can download that file in the DETAILS tab.
- 29-Nov-12 6:16 a.m. GMT
- I added the old logo (it was created by a developer with clearly no design skills, me) as a possible reference for colors or ideas.
- 30-Nov-12 8:02 a.m. GMT
- Some suggestions after seeing some of the proposals:
* if you want to add a graphical element, keep in mind that a stylized form is better that a detailed/realistic one
* logo must be easy to read/recognize when printed in greyscale (this is one of the faults of the old logo you can find in the project details)
- 1-Dec-12 4:38 a.m. GMT
- Considering that it's been only 2 days and I've already seen material that I like, I decided to assure the award. Keep the logos coming and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any doubts or want more details about a comment.
- 3-Dec-12 7:40 p.m. GMT
- After seeing some of your logo proposals, I realized that the "FL" can't be really missing, so please try to integrate it in your work (see logos with higher votes as a good reference).
- 12-Dec-12 6:30 a.m. GMT
- I've been out of connection for the last 24 hours, so I'm extending the deadline for another day to give some more time to the last entries to change their work.
- 12-Dec-12 6:35 a.m. GMT
- As explained I didn't have the chance to rate or comments entries in the last 24 hours, so i changed the deadline adding one more day.
At this point some suggestions:
* if you want to submit a logo, be sure to include both "FL" and a gecko detail
* remember: the logo must be still usable/recognizable when resized or printed on low quality b&w laser printers, so don't add too much details, shadows, reflections etc.
* don't add things like "consulting", "web consulting", etc. in the artwork
* keep it simple :-)