Starts:27-Nov-12 10:26 p.m. GMT
Ends:6-Dec-12 10:26 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $200
JPG, Vector EPS
File 1: Logo_Comparison.zip
Uploaded on 27-Nov-12 10:23 p.m. GMT
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Langley Community Services Society
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1) we are a non-profit who supports/serves families, couples and individuals through counseling and resources
2) community, family, caring & compassion
3) we are experts in the field of social service
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Preferrably image and text.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
Our current website is: www.lcss.ca
We are in the midst of re-skinning the website and the new logo will be fundamental in the re-design.
I've also attached a PDF of a quick comparison I did of local service organizations and non-profits, to help inform our visual identity. We are wanting to move away from the burgundy/red colour and I felt an awareness of our competitors' colours would be useful.
- 27-Nov-12 10:49 p.m. GMT
- Here are some more terms we brainstormed around the office to describe our organization: community, caring & compassion, welcoming, counseling, family, helpful, immigration, new Canadians, quality, collaboration, client-focused, professional, community-based, full-family service/support
The programs we offer are: substance use services, information referral (assistance finding services in the community), family connections (in-home counseling, support and advocacy to families focusing on reducing risk factors and keeping children safe), family resources (strengthen family and promote well-being through child development, play-based learning, early literacy, parent education and connection to childcare), Immigrant & Multicultural Services (provide mentorship, academic assistance, work experience, art and dance classes, field trips, sporting and recreational activities for new Canadians).
- 1-Dec-12 9:59 p.m. GMT
- The management team has decided they are most interested in graphics displaying many colours. It helps convey the multiculturalism aspect of our organization as well as gives us many options in terms of visual identity with publications and program branding moving forward.
- 3-Dec-12 5:04 p.m. GMT
- Thanks to all the designers for your submissions already. I am getting quite excited by the different designs we are receiving. I wanted to give you an update on the decision making process on our end. While I'm reviewing and commenting on all the designs (as I need to per crowdspring regulations) I am not the only one making the ultimate decision on LCSS' new logo.
Next Tuesday (Dec 11th) I will be presenting the logos to our senior management team for their input and selection. So PLEASE DON'T WITHDRAW your submissions based on my comments; I am only one person in this decision-making process. While I think I reflect LCSS' perspective in my comments, I am new to this organization and I may be surprised by what interests the senior management team.
Once the management team has selected their favourite one or two designs, I plan to let those designers know ASAP. Unfortunately we can't make our final selection until our Board of Directors gives their thumbs up. As a non-profit organization, we need our boad's approval for an overall of our brand identity. Our board meets next on January 31, 2013. We aren't expecting any challenges with our board's approval but we need to receive that approval before we finalize anything.
Thank you so much for all your work on our behalf; we are most excited! Lindsay
- 18-Dec-12 5:13 p.m. GMT
- Hi Everyone -
I know that CrowdSpring just posted a note saying they were working with me to select a designer. Please know this is an automated comment.
I have worked closely with CrowdSpring (they have very kindly tolerated my numerous emails) to ensure that this competition won't be closed until after January 31st, when our board meets to vote on the new logo.
- 5-Feb-13 5:56 p.m. GMT
- Hi all,
We just wanted to let you know that the buyer in this project has requested a refund. And, because we offer buyers a money back guarantee, sometimes we have to make good on that promise.
To reward the loyal creatives who worked hard on this project and all the others on the site, we've taken the proceeds from this project and used them to fund our monthly cS Awards program. The cS Awards are issued every month based on varying criteria but are a simple way that we give back to the community and reward our creatives.
Thanks so much for participating and see you around the site,
The cS crew