What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
Consulting and Professional Services
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
- Professionalism. We're a company focused on engagement through fun and meaning, but we're still very serious about the process and our end result is to bring value to our customers as any consulting firm would do - Playfulness : Half Serious believes that fun and meaning are the best tools to engage any userbase. We also like to have fun! Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that our logo contains some kind of witty fun aspect that's going to showcase this. However, it should not be campy or look cartoonish. - Edgy : we are a company working in a very buzzing and cutting-edge industry and are also very disruptive in the way we approach our challenges, so the logo needs to be edgy.
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
The logo should be comprised of the Half Serious name as well as an additional image (something simple that we could put in the background of presentations). The image can contain the HS letters or reference the Half Serious name, but it is not mandatory. We'd love it to be as clever as possible!
We should avoid going with cliché images. E.g. we'd like to stay away from the "brain" idea.
Color wise, we'd like it to either red or blue AND charcoal black and white (depending on the background). We're not a big fan of texture on the font and logo, since we want to maximize readability.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
We would like two versions of the logo. One on a dark background and another one on a bright one.
3-Dec-12 2:33 p.m.GMT
Thank you everyone for the logos you submitted so far. Pretty awesome and crazy stuff in there! Here are a few notes :
1) The "H in an S" or "S in an H" idea has been extensively used so far and we feel like the best executions of that concept have already been done. Unless you're confident that your version brings something really new and exciting to the table, please don't submit it. From now on, we'll be taking a closer looks at the other concepts.
2) The 1/2 (numbered fraction) idea is definintely not the way to go.
3) So is the single line for the l of Half and i of Serious.
4) Make sure that Half Serious is easily readable
5) We really want an image or simple graphic that we could put in a background. Some people are submitting logos with only "Half Serious" that could hardly do that. Not that it's impossible to do a "Half Serious" only version that we could put in a background, but few managed to do it.
6) The "grunge" font in the brief examples were much more about a state of mind (edgy, disruptive) than the look itself. We'd like the "Half Serious" font to have no, or almost no, texture at all.
Thank you again and keep up the amazing work!
3-Dec-12 2:49 p.m.GMT
Here are a few new keywords to keep those brain juices working :
Engagement, activation, persuasion, behavioral psychology (we are NOT evil masterminds who plan on controling the world), creative intelligence (we still don't want brains though!), jumpstart, boost, excitement, social (no people holding hands please)...