For $400 they received 76 design concepts from 35 designers!
Over 34,000 of the world's best entrepreneurs and small businesses trust crowdSPRING with custom logo design, web design and writing services. 96% of them recommend that you try us too.Find out more
Starts:22-Feb-13 4:48 p.m. GMT
Ends:8-Mar-13 4:48 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $400, was awarded to kuligra...
JPG, Vector EPS, WE DO NOT NEED ANY SPECIFIC FILE TYPES, BUT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR WORKING FILES EG PHOTOSHOP FILES, ILLUSTRATOR FILES OR WHATEVER PROGRAM U USED.
Preview: crowdSPRING Contract
software development, digital marketing, websites
1 or more
one or more illustratations to show the character's concept and personality. Several poses, angles and facial expressions would be required. You may be asked to complete follow up work to further develop the concept and create more illustrations so that an animation specialist can bring this character to life in videos and animations.
there are no size requirements
Software and InfoTech
The target audience is corporate, but we this is a modern company, and we promote the fact that we are ennovative and "think outside the square" so it does not have to be to serious.
modern, innovative, creative
whatever u feel is required to illustrate the character's personality and concept
our company colours, mostly grey, orange, white, sometimes with a tiny bit of green.
please stick to corporate colours as specified above
the main goal here is to make a good start in creating the concept of the character rather than producing files that are ready for any specific purpose
There are a bunch of files for u to download here:
Our company logo is provided, in both jpeg and vector format in case u find it useful.
Here are some of my thoughts to get the ball rolling. They are just initial thoughts so please do not interpret them as requirements. Please use your creativity!
I like the robot in concept01.png, but here is a list of suggested modifications:
- add orange accents, eg the midriff (torso) area abd maybe the toes
- overall look needs to be more dynamic (perhaps a little less round, sharpen some of edges for a more chiseled and masculine look)
- The whole concept of the head needs work, I am not a fan of the head stripes. I am almost thinking of going more of a human-like face, that can have facial expressions (see concept02).
- I quite like the idea of a rounded-cube shaped head, similar to the shape in the picture since it complements our logo (but I am open to ideas). You may even place a shiny orange helmet covering the top part head (based on the colour and rounded cube shape of the logo), but this is just a thought.
- I would like to animate the the robot's movement similar in style to the famous "Rayman" character in the Rayman games. There are plenty of pictures available and vidoes eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQX_6ovlPdU
- i like the idea of the detached limbs of rayman... perhaps we could try a slightly limbs that are less detached than rayman, where the arms and legs are seperated from the body by a small gap
- We like the idea of giving the character some green spikey hair (see concept02) that "flattens out" when running really fast or flutters in the wind
if u want more views of the robot, they can be found here:
I've mentioned this a few times above. The style of this drawing is not appropriate since it is too cartoonish and childish for our website, but there are concepts about it I thought could be developed further eg the orange accents, the green hair (although at present it looks pretty out of place), the more human like facial expression. The problem with this cartoon of course is it is a girl as well, so as a concept it would need to be adjusted to be male!