Can't find what you're looking for?
Many of our Creatives are always working to improve their skills and have success on the site. Here are some tips for improving your entry scores, raising your reputation score, and winning some awards.
· First and foremost - read the brief carefully and do your best work. Check your spelling, prepare your file, and get the file ready for upload. If you want the whole design to show in the gallery, make sure you post it in a square format.
· When you post your design, explain your concept, how it can be used, and why it fits what they are looking for in their brief. Many Creatives do not do this. It will increase your chances for feedback and a rating, and helps you build a relationship with the buyer.
· Many buyers look at crowdSPRING portfolios before deciding whether to approve a creative to participate in their PLATINUM project. So if you don't yet have a portfolio or you have one but it's pretty bare - take a little time and add items so that buyers get a feel for the type of work you do.
· Enter EARLY! It helps you build a working relationship with the Buyer, and entries at the very beginning of projects get rated more often than later entries.
· There is nothing wrong with asking for feedback. But if they don't answer - they may not be interested. If you feel strongly about your design, see if you can make an improvement and re-submit. It's a chance to once again ask for any comments they might have.
· As you submit to more and more projects - you will get a feel for the ones where you do best. Don't try to make yourself something you're not. You will learn to read a brief and know if it's a good fit for your style.
· If feedback is very important to you, check the buyer activity rating and project stats before participating. If the project is almost over and the rating is still “Low” you may want to look for another project.
· If you find yourself frustrated by a project - withdraw and move on. You are not going to click with every buyer. Our most successful creatives know this - and use this strategy. Focus your attention and efforts on the projects that you can get something out of. Use the time here to learn and grow as a designer. Push yourself to improve and find unique solutions to each project brief. If it gets to be too much - take a break. Creating is best when it’s fun - and fulfilling.
For more details on how to succeed as a Creative, check out this Guide created with the help of some of our talented crowdSPRING designers.
Last updated: 16-May-14 7:47 p.m. GMT
Name your own price, then watch as dozens of participants submit ideas and choose your favorite. Our 100% money-back guarantee makes it risk-free!