For $200 they received 343 writing concepts from 77 writers!
Over 40,000 of the world's best entrepreneurs and small businesses trust crowdSPRING with custom logo design, web design and writing services. 96% of them recommend that you try us too.Find out more
Starts:20-Jul-14 3:46 p.m. GMT
Ends:3-Aug-14 3:46 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $200, was awarded to ShimmyK...
Preview: crowdSPRING Contract
File 1: TheConversationProject... (3.5 MB)
Uploaded on 20-Jul-14 3:41 p.m. GMT
The Conversation Project is dedicated to enriching the way we talk about complex social challenges. We produce a podcast that brings thoughtful people around the table to wrestle with specific social questions. More like a focused brainstorm than a traditional talk show, guests collaborate to create usable outputs, such as product ideas, frameworks, and infographics. Episodes range in topic from clean energy to urban mobility to how Google might address affordable housing in the Bay Area, and are held together by the dedication to reach a resolution – however 'beta' it may be.
I will accept a .com with an acceptable variation on the exact name
Publishing and Media
Our (extremely rough) target audience includes:
• A general audience interested in engaging with social challenges, and primarily seeking entertainment value. Similar to audiences for Charlie Rose, TED, and Intelligence Squared.
• Niche audiences interested in engaging with the specific challenge addressed in a episode, and primarily seeking actionable insights. Similar in demographic to our participating guests.
1) This is not just about what to think but HOW to think - cultivating critical, solution-oriented thinking and inoculating us from simplistic, 'silver-bulleted' thinking. There's a 'meta' element here - giving people the tools to create their own tools. Beyond teaching people to fish, teaching people to make their own fishing poles.
2) This is about creating usable outputs - product ideas, frameworks, infographics, etc. Outputs may not be perfect, but they help us move the ball forward. There's an element of 'perpetual beta' here.
3) This is about creating outputs that invade popular discourse. A 'win' would be if a mainstream/old-guard journalist like Thomas Friedman used an output we created.
1) TED - in terms of their target audience and the amount of time people spend watching/listening to TED talks: http://www.ted.com
2) Reinventors Roundtable - in terms of what they're trying to do (brainstorming about social challenges as entertainment): http://reinventors.net
3) Intelligence Squared - in terms of their goal of cultivating critical thinking, though they're going about it in a very different way (through polarizing debate rather than collaborative brainstorming): http://intelligencesquaredus.org
• Anything too definitive, e.g. solution, answer
• Anything too grandiose, e.g. change, action, movement, make the world a better place
• Anything too jargon-y, e.g. beta
• Generation / Generate / Generative / Generativity
• Iteration / Iterate / Iterative
• Manifest / Manifestation
• Lunchbox (personal significance)
• Opposite of silver bullet
• Things that are 'meta' - like 'tools for toolmakers,' 'X about X'
• As philosopher Ken Wilber says, a good theory is one that lasts long enough to get you to a better one.
The deck attached in the materials section is confidential - feel free to get in touch about the project, but please do not circulate :-)
Also, voilà existing brands I love - they're simple, memorable, and relevant to what they represent:
• The Go Game - corporate team-building: http://thegogame.com/team_building
• DAYBREAKER - early morning dance party: dybrkr.com
• Brothers & Sisters - used to be a house music party in Oakland
• Breaking Bread - used to be a house music party in London
• The Feast - social innovation conference in NYC: http://feastongood.com/
• Learning To Love You More - used to be an online art project: http://www.learningtoloveyoumore.com/
• House of Yes - club in NYC: http://houseofyes.org/
Name your own price, then watch as dozens of participants submit ideas and choose your favorite. Our 100% money-back guarantee makes it risk-free!