Starts: 14-Jan-14 6:26 p.m. GMT
Ends: 21-Jan-14 6:26 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $479
You must be approved to view or participate in this project. Since this project has closed, no more requests will be accepted.
If you already participated, please log in to check the project status.
What does your company do?
PCC Technology Group is a cloud-based software company that has created a profitable business in the very demanding public and energy sectors. During 18 years of operation, the Company has strategically developed horizontal software components and modules that can be reused in a variety of vertical applications. The Company’s software has been deployed in highly sensitive environments, such as election management, corporation registration and filing, and energy efficiency program management.
Within the last year or so, the company began a major shift in the structure of the business. We are shifting from a traditional software model, where we built custom technology solutions, to a configurable product model. We have a series of software solutions that we’ve been customizing for each deployment that we will now be building and offering as products. The new offerings include cloud-based and SaaS solutions (in addition to continued custom development work for our core solutions). Our technology solutions will initially focus on the education, government, and energy sectors. We plan to expand to other verticals as appropriate.
WHAT WE NEED:
- The Company Name (PCC whats it stand for?) Acronym for PCC that describes our company.
- The Platform Name (we've been using PolyCentric Cloud or Polycentric Customer Cloud, aka PC2
said "PC squared")
- Names for our verticals (currently Education, Government, Energy) - we'll be adding others so
we're looking for a nomenclature that can be applied when we expand to other industries - maybe
even allows us to sub-segment these markets if appropriate)
- Nomenclature for our products, as well as a nomenclature for bundled products (and examples for
Note: see attached for a flow chart/visual explanation
Do you require that a .COM or other URL be available for the new name?
No not necessarily, but that would be a great option. Please do not eliminate any potential options based on url availability.
What is your industry?
Software and InfoTech
Describe your customers
We serve the public sector, energy, manufacturing, education and health care industries.
What 3 things do you want your company name to communicate to your customers?
Leader- We are leaders in the cloud space and provide simple solutions to complex problems.
Integrity- Our products and business practices promote and reflect integrity and transparency.
Innovative- As a cloud company, our company name and product offerings must reflect innovation.
List the names of your top three competitors
What character, tenor, or spirit do you wish to convey?
Trustworthy, Fresh and Innovative, Simple and easy to use. Solution oriented
Are there specific words or phrases you do not like?
No not necessarily.
Are there specific words or phrases you like?
It would be great if the platform name could incorporate PCC however if a new name is created that will better support our need for a nomenclature system, we are open to that as well.
Do you have other info you want to share?
More background and what we have been using:
PCC is the acronym that we have been using for a company name (we have also used “PCC Technology Group”, hence the website www.pcctg.com). Because we are already known with many clients as “PCC”, we’d like to establish a name that still utilizes the PCC acronym.
We’ve recently been using the name “Polycentric Customer Cloud (PC2)” to represent the platform brand. Our approach was to identify this platform in a manner that addresses questions like “what it is”, “how it works” and “how it matures”.
The proposed brand for the platform was driven around the following concept:
Polycentric Customer Cloud
Polycentric Cloud Computing
Polycentric __________ Cloud
Polycentric Cloud __________
PCC is a leader in the Cloud Ecosystem. The Company has created a revolutionary new way of rationalizing traditional approaches to buying infrastructure, building applications and delivering services to customers. The architecture used to enable this new approach is the Polycentric Customer Cloud.
The Polycentric CC is defined along many dimensions.
• Architecture – polycentric means to have many centers of authority or control or to have several central parts. The PCC Cloud is concentric in its design – having universal cloud features at its core, segment focused applications in the middle layer and a plethora of delivery systems at its outer edge.
• Economic – building under-developed markets (Energy/Government) by creating segment specific R&D capabilities and cultivating a vibrant partner ecosystem (Customer/Consultant). The power in this scenario is both with the Company and also with the Customer.
• Business - fueling frugal innovation by accessing ideas that are creating in emerging markets (geographic and industry) and bringing them into the Cloud construct such that they can be leveraged across the enterprise.
• Political – given the strong presence of the Company in the Public Sector, the architecture recognizes that the customer base has several centers of power – sometimes within the same geography. This is a complicated marketplace and requires technology systems that are flexible, secure, private and scalable.