Starts:20-Apr-13 4:36 a.m. GMT
Ends:23-Apr-13 4:36 a.m. GMT
Award 1: $200, was awarded to Christi...
There are no materials for this project.
The buyer added updates to the brief. Read them.
What does your company do?
30-50 million Americans have acne. Many have tried everything and nothing works. I've talked to dozens of people and every one told me painful stories about how their acne affects their self confidence.
Our company is developing first modular system to treat acne. Instead of a one-size-fits-all three-step routine, we'll let people chose from many products.
We'll bring to market proven ingredients overlooked by mainstream companies. We'll avoid irritating chemicals. And we'll use web and mobile tools to help people design a customized routine.
Our company will help people clear their skin — and feel great about facing the world.
Names should be as short as possible, easy to spell, and very easy to pronounce.
Do you require that a .COM or other URL be available for the new name?
.com would be nice. Open to .co.
What is your industry?
Describe your customers
People with persistent acne
What 3 things do you want your company name to communicate to your customers?
List the names of your top three competitors
Clean & Clear
What character, tenor, or spirit do you wish to convey?
Sage: wise, visionary mentoring
Are there any words or phrases you especially like or hate?
All names should be "guy friendly"
- Should not be too cutsey or girly
Do you have other info you want to share?
This brief is in a worksheet with five tabs:
- 20-Apr-13 6:02 a.m. GMT
- Evidence-based: We're focusing on ingredients that have been scientifically proven
Exfoliation: foliage: when a tree sheds its leaves, it exfoliates, which makes room for a new beginning in the spring. Exfoliation is a key concept of skincare and many acne ingredients accelerate dermal exfoliation.
- 20-Apr-13 6:04 a.m. GMT
- I prefer to focus on optimistic outcomes.
I don't like names that mention the problem (don't use the words zit, acne, pimple, etc.)
- 20-Apr-13 6:24 a.m. GMT
- Vulgarity is an interesting word / concept. The technical name for acne is 'acne vulgaris'.
- 20-Apr-13 6:42 p.m. GMT
- * I will only consider REAL WORDS in the English language that are easy to pronounce and spell
* I like names like Mint.com, Square, Apple, Bank Simple. But I DO NOT want to copy those names (don't use those words in your name ideas)
- 20-Apr-13 6:51 p.m. GMT
- I want the name to claim or redefine a real word in a unique way.
I DO NOT want to use words other brands often use that obviously reference acne, dermatology, doctors, or skin.
I want to STAND OUT in a cool but unusual way.
If you look at the pulldown menu of brands at Sephora.com, you'll see dozens of brands like Dermalogica, Doctor Brandt, Clean, Fresh, Doctor's Dermatologic Formula. I don't want anything like this at all.
- 21-Apr-13 4:23 p.m. GMT
- This is my first crowdSpring contest and I'm updating the contest description. I don't think I've was clear enough about what I want. (In other words, I'm not happy with the names I'm getting.) Hopefully this info will help you guys out. Thanks for helping with this project! —Andy
* I will only consider REAL WORDS SPELLED CORRECTLY of the English language that are easy to pronounce and spell
* NO MASHUPS OF WORDS. I prefer a single word (I like brands like Apple, Mint.com, Square). I'm open to multiple words should be separated by a space.
* AVOID words that OBVIOUSLY reference skincare, acne, dermatology, doctors, or skin. Oblique references are welcomed.
EXAMPLE: Mint.com helps you manage your money. There is no reference to money in the name. But Mint = 1) a place where money is made and 2) a pristine condition 3) something fresh.
* I'm looking to create a brand that EVOKES an attitude that's
We offer a better way to clear & prevent acne without pain, irritation, or problematic ingredients.
* Wide range of products feature proven ingredients that are hard to find in other products
* Formulations calm skin and avoid ingredients that can cause irritation
* Online tools help people design a customized routine
* Mobile app monitors pain & irritation. When skin flares up, aggressive products are paused without stopping treatment completely.
* People with persistent acne
* People whose confidence has been shaken by acne
* People who are hopeful and determined to fix the problem
- 22-Apr-13 3:49 p.m. GMT
- Please do not submit ideas that are not consistent with this brief.
Ideas not consistent with the brief = 1 star. It also wastes my time and pisses me off.
- 23-Apr-13 4:05 a.m. GMT
- Down to the wire & still hoping for some gold.