For $600 they received 33 design concepts from 6 designers!
Over 36,000 of the world's best entrepreneurs and small businesses trust crowdSPRING with custom logo design, web design and writing services. 96% of them recommend that you try us too.Find out more
Starts:6-Apr-10 5:27 p.m. GMT
Ends:20-Apr-10 5:27 p.m. GMT
Award 1: $600, was awarded to iamtiff
Layered PSD, JPG, PNG
Preview: crowdSPRING Contract
File 1: Foody_Two_Shoes_Creati... (266.9 KB)
Uploaded on 7-Apr-10 4:52 p.m. GMT
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
My name is Kerry Kassow – Irish, mother of 3, married to a Dane and living in Copenhagen. I’m passionate about food and a strong believer in ‘you are what you eat’. I have created a Wordpress blog http://foodytwoshoes.wordpress.com, which I use to share non-complicated recipes that I love. I place a large emphasis on illustrating my recipes with good photos.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
I would like to give this blog an overhaul so that it really stands out in a world where many great food blogs already exist. I would like everything about it to look delicious!
The blog needs to have a stronger identity through a good comprehensive design of the front page (and sub pages), including a great logo and design for the name. (The same design will also be used for the Twitter profile).
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Adult audience of all ages - family, friends, fellow food bloggers, as well as anyone else world-wide with a keen interest in home-cooked food.
WE LIKE THESE EXAMPLES:
1. http://locallemons.com/ What I like here is the white background and the fact that the photos are large and really stand out. I also like the logo design and the original colours used.
2. http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/sticky-nut-b... Same reasons as above. Also like the headers and large font used for the recipe section.
3. http://flysleepy.com/ Like the way photos are presented (frame and shadow) and the design of inserted quotes. Also like the way sample photos are displayed in a panel on the left side of the screen.
4. http://om-sorg.dk/ Nice design of inserted quote.
5. http://www.allthingscupcake.com/ Like the design of the name and logo (site itself is a little too busy for my liking).
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR PIECE:
1. A comprehensive design of the front page and sub-pages (blog posts). The background should be white and accentuate the photos.
2. A cool design for the name Foody Two Shoes with an original logo. Preferably in bright, cheerful colours. The logo should in some way reflect food or something edible and look delicious.
3. The blog text/font should be large and in a colour that looks good against the white background and ties in well with the colours used for the name Foody Two Shoes.
4. Headers should be large and eye-catching.
5. Cool Flickr integration for photos, which also link to blog posts.
6. Elegant Twitter integration.
7. RSS link & email subscription via Feed Burner.
8. Visible blog archive.
9. Comments gravatar-enabled and recent comments displayed (by whom and against which blog post - see current blog).
10. Tag Cloud.
11. Date to show against blog posts (author not required).
12. Unordered lists with designed bullets.
13. Insertion of quotes with funky design.
14. 'About Me' page and ability to create new pages - displayed in menu format.